Samsung 4 Series LCD

Zoopy374

Standard Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a new samsung 4 series lcd tv?
Have seen many new deals out on the market and want to know what they are like before buying! Had my eye on the LE32A436T1D model

Yeah there are some A45 owners,have a look at the A45 thread

I tried looking for it but cannot find it, please could you point me in the right direction.

Has anyone purchased a new samsung 4 series lcd tv?
Have seen many new deals out on the market and want to know what they are like before buying! Had my eye on the LE32A436T1D model

Hi there,

I ordered the LE32A436T1D on Tuesday, from Empire Direct and got it for ÂŁ377.99 including delivery, using one of their voucher codes (now expired, sadly) - I craftily rang sales on late Saturday afternoon and sheepishly asked "Can I order this now and pay for it on Tuesday, as the banks are shut at the moment and I need to put more money in my account, or the transaction will refuse" - The sales guy said OK, so gave him the voucher code and he said he'd hold the price till 2PM on Tuesday, but after that I'd have to pay full whack.
Empire had a major problem with their courier on Tuesday PM, so I was told, although I'd blagged NWD delivery, I'd have to wait till Thursday, but they'd upgrade me to pre-noon. :smashin:

TV arrived 11.10 today and took all of 5 mins to unbox and set up (was just a case of putting the stand on with 4 screws) and Bob's your father's brother. ;)

First impressions: Absolutely lovely TV (DTV pics are sweet, but haven't bothered ith analogue, so can't comment)
Watched MI:III and 2 Fast 2 Furious on HD DVD via HDMI on the 360 Elite and all I can say is "WOW!!" :D

The only downside I have found so far, is there's no dedicated "game mode" for the HDMI inputs and if you switch to "Game" via the e-mode (entertainment mode) button on the remote, it changes this for all inputs, not just the one you selected.

Other than that, ÂŁ377.99 very well spent, imvho :D

Thanks for the info Rottie! Sounds very tempting, im strongly considering to buy this set.May I ask what panel you got? (I.e AUO, CMO, S-PVA etc)

Thanks for the info Rottie! Sounds very tempting, im strongly considering to buy this set.May I ask what panel you got? (I.e AUO, CMO, S-PVA etc)

Hi again,

I'm not sure which panel I've got, to be honest :( Is there an easy way to find out? I don't want to go into the service menu, if I can help it, as Samsung UK have said this will invalidate the warranty unless they tell me to do so and log it at their end.

Yep im going to take this TV back for a refund. IÂ’m sure with the right tweaks both the PS3 and PC pictures can look stunning even without game mode and movie plus, but the freeview screen tearing is just way to annoying, it seems to be doing it every few seconds on some channels, even when thereÂ’s not much movement. I feel ive been cheated. This TV is below the standard of the R87 to which this TV is supposedly replacing. This is just a cheap bottom of the range LCD which will be on sale for way under ÂŁ400 in a couple of months. Im so disappointed. :(
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your new set. :(

The tearing you describe sounds like it could be down to the signal strength that the set is receiving. Have you tried checking your signal strength? (Menu key on remote > Digital menu > Setup > System > Signal Information)
Also, have you tried doing another full DTV channel search?

Hi again,

I'm not sure which panel I've got, to be honest :( Is there an easy way to find out? I don't want to go into the service menu, if I can help it, as Samsung UK have said this will invalidate the warranty unless they tell me to do so and log it at their end.

Yup, all you have to is to read the sticker at the back of the TV, next to your model number there should be a letter written. Its likely to be something like a C, P (S), A or similar. You might also have a small sticker on the left rear side of the TV, look in the last line it should have something written under 'Version' such as 'CMO4'. Hope this helps!

Yup, all you have to is to read the sticker at the back of the TV, next to your model number there should be a letter written. Its likely to be something like a C, P (S), A or similar. You might also have a small sticker on the left rear side of the TV, look in the last line it should have something written under 'Version' such as 'CMO4'. Hope this helps!

Hi again,

I just checked the sticker you mentioned and it says version CN01

Hope this helps :)

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your new set. :(

The tearing you describe sounds like it could be down to the signal strength that the set is receiving. Have you tried checking your signal strength? (Menu key on remote > Digital menu > Setup > System > Signal Information)
Also, have you tried doing another full DTV channel search?

Ill try that tonight, Ill give this TV a chance, its just annoys me that ive spent 150 more than the i did on the R87 because i was under the impression that this was a improvement on last years model, but that seems to be not the case. Ill try and installing Digital again and see waht happens.

Cheers for that rottie!
I'll probably place an order today, the price has been jacked up to just over ÂŁ415 but I think for the spec given its worth it.

Hi again,

I just checked the sticker you mentioned and it says version CN01

Hope this helps :)

It must be a CMO panel.You will no way get an S-PVA though all panels at this range are CMO,AUO

Cheers for that rottie!
I'll probably place an order today, the price has been jacked up to just over ÂŁ415 but I think for the spec given its worth it.

Hi again,

I'm not sure whether or not you've placed your order yet, but this TV's available for ÂŁ413.99 via this link, as opposed to ÂŁ434.99 via the Empire Direct website.

Just spoke to Sales and although they state that's an online only offer, just give them a ring on 01132351770 not their 0870 number (routes to the same number, just cheaper :D ) and tell them that the voucher code wouldn't process - You never know, if you speak to the right sales person, you could even get free NWD delivery thrown in, as opposed to paying for it via the website. ;)

Good luck :)

Cheers Rottie, i re-installed DTV and the tearing issues have gone away checked the signal strength and its saying 42% which is quite low considering its hooked up to a decent digital TV aerial on the roof, probably down to the resistance in the long cable. Getting used to the PC picture now, obviously itÂ’s not going to be as sharp as my old 19inch dell ultrasharp. I thought this LCD was missing game mode and movie plus, but that is not the case, thereÂ’s a button on the control which is entertainment mode which you can select three modes 1. sports 2. Cinema 3.game. I think im starting to like this TV now. IÂ’ll have a proper play tonight and test out some blu-rays , ps3 games...etc. Just hope the perfect A457 picture settings are submitted soon.:rolleyes:

If my LE32a456 model numberon the label at the rear has an s at the end what's the panel type?

Presumably it's a kosher samsung panel but would it necessarily be an s-pva?

Had mine for two weeks, 'twas a toss up between this and the sony 32" s3000.

I'm very pleased with it so far, the modes work well and the DTV piccies excellent.

Its a samsung panel!

Cheers Rottie, i re-installed DTV and the tearing issues have gone away checked the signal strength and its saying 42% which is quite low considering its hooked up to a decent digital TV aerial on the roof, probably down to the resistance in the long cable. Getting used to the PC picture now, obviously it's not going to be as sharp as my old 19inch dell ultrasharp. I thought this LCD was missing game mode and movie plus, but that is not the case, there's a button on the control which is entertainment mode which you can select three modes 1. sports 2. Cinema 3.game. I think im starting to like this TV now. I'll have a proper play tonight and test out some blu-rays , ps3 games...etc. Just hope the perfect A457 picture settings are submitted soon.:rolleyes:

Hi again,

To be perfectly honest, I doubt that the length of your cable would have any bearing on your loss of signal. It is more likely to be either (i) the aerial is slightly out of alignment, or (ii) the cable is worn/has an internal break, somewhere.
42% does sound very low - I have just checked my signal strength and it's ~75% and that's coming off of a communal aerial point, then a 13M extension, so as I said, it's unlikely that the length of the run is a factor.

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom