samsung 3d sync problem

turkishdave

Standard Member
hoping someone can help me out,i bought a samsung tv in march and had no problem syncing the glasses,i also bought an extra pair which again synced fine.ive since bought another samsung tv which came with 2 pairs of glasses.they both synced fine with the new tv,however ive tried syncing the new glasses with my first tv as there were more than two of us wanting to watch 3d content,but they wont sync,the glasses look exactly the same.ive tried holding glasses close to tv but they wont sync.any ideas??

UltiResis

Are these D range 2011 TV's or C range 2010 models or one of each and what models of glasses do you have?

I am expecting that you have the wrong glasses for the wrong TV but without the exact model numbers I can't say with certainty...

For example if you have a C7000 (2010 model TV) and a D8000 (2011 model TV) the glasses from the C model won't work with the D model and vice versa because C model use infrared glasses and D models use Bluetooth. I think this may be your problem?

C model TV's use glasses models SSG 2100 (battery) and SSG 2200 (rechargeable) InfraRed

D model TV's use glasses models SSG 3100 (battery), SSG 3050 (battery), SSG 3300(rechargeable), SSG 3500 (rechargeable), SSG 3700(rechargeable). Bluetooth.

The SSG 2100 (2010 infrared) glasses and the SSG 3100 (2011 bluetooth) glasses look the same. You can check on the label on the glasses for the model numbers.

Last edited:

turkishdave

Standard Member
Thanks mate,your right that is the problem,just checked the model numbers on the glasses.need tO buy more of the Older model glasses

UltiResis

Ahh well at least you know now.

Samsung's fault as they made the crappy infra red glasses for 2010 TVs then when they had loads of complaints and returned TVs because they kept losing sync constantly they changed to bluetooth.

Cheers :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom