samsung 37r88bd problem.... please help?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by positivenote, May 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. positivenote

positivenote

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, im a newbie, but someone may be able to help me out...
    just purchased a samsung le37r88bd... looks beautiful, but... when we are watching we can see an image of small white square dots in the center of the screen as if it is trying to come through the reception. Basically when you are in between switching between modes the screen goes black for a second and has a number of small white squares as a design on the black intervening screen, but when the picture come back you can still see traces of these white squares... now i havent chaanged any of the settings and its just come out of the box, so i dont think ( im praying its not) its 'ghosting' of this image. Im at a loss here as to how to get rid of it....
    If anyone could PLEASE give me some advice as to what it might be and more importantly how i can get rid of it and get a nice sharp picture on my new lcd i would be very grateful....
    sincerly
    :(

2. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    Rather than mess about, you've still got a few hours before the BBQ, I'd get the wife / girlfriend / whomever to take over BBQ prep and get the TV swapped.

Edit - reply was to this post on M86/87 thread ...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4767367&postcount=1286

3. positivenote

positivenote

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    get the TV swapped??? seriously? is there no way of amending this? Any ideas what it was that caused it?..... The serial number has an (R) at the end, does this make a difference?
    So many questions.... sorry:(

4. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    Get a move on ..... you're running out of time.

Admittedly, I've not been following the R88 thread but it is a new Samsung set, like the M86/87, and I've never heard of this problem on the M86/87 so I would suggest it's a fault and you should swap it if you want to be able to suitably "show it off" this afternoon.

I would also suggest that once swapped you quickly head on over to the settings thread for the R88 on this board and apply some of the settings there as, 'out of the box' settings are usually overly bright.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=513376

Good luck ...

5. positivenote

positivenote

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, so turned on the set just know and the squares have gone!!!! happy days... applied the settings mention for my NTL and the screen looks pretty good... although it could be better, or maybe im being too fussy. Im just using a normal scart, should i be upgrading it to a 'gold' one??
    thanks for the advice so far, roll on the BBQ :clap:

6. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    Lucky you .... now you have it set up, leave it on until after your guests leave.

That way in the event that those squares make a return you can deal with the issue later,

With regards to your scart my advice would be buy the best you can reasonably afford (without going crazy). Unlike HDMI, analogue cables are prone to interference.