Samsung 37R88 - Please diagnose fault

Lewis79

Standard Member
Please help diagnose the fault on my samsung. Intermittently it does this, also at random times of the day, could be first thing in the morning, could be fine all day and start last thing at night.

Here are some pics taken as it gets progressively worse.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Attachments

• 20120721_215848.jpg
    20120721_215848.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20120721_220704.jpg
    20120721_220704.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 76
  • 20120721_220706.jpg
    20120721_220706.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 77

chinaman99

Please help diagnose the fault on my samsung. Intermittently it does this, also at random times of the day, could be first thing in the morning, could be fine all day and start last thing at night.

Here are some pics taken as it gets progressively worse.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Doesn't look good!

Is it happening on all sources ?

To me I would think its on it's way out,these types of things usually get worse , but maybe someone with some more technical know how can help you out.

Lewis79

Standard Member
Yes it is happening on all sources, and if anybody else can help or confirm the above, would appreciate it thanks.

colin_e

I have something similar happening with my Samsung LE40N7. The menu overlays are almost completely corrupted, and two thin bands of noise (sometimes a lot more) appear in the lower 1/3 of the screen.

The diagnosis from Samsung was it that the main logic board was failing. Unfortunately for me this happened when the TV was 5.5 years old, and Samsung only supply spares up to 5 years. Having said that another poster here said he was quoted £200 for a main board, which makes the reapir uneconomic anyway.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a pattern forming here Samsung's failing after only a few years, or whether the preponderance of Samsungs just indicates their popularity.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom