• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung 37" d5520 or 40 " d5520

sharky999

Standard Member
Not sure which one to go for, What are the panel reviews on on each model.

Both can be had for the same price and space may be just ever so tight on the larger screen, they both do the same thing but it purely comes down to the quality of screen, and as I'm a dimwit in these terms I throw it open to the experts.

Thanks for looking

vickster

Distinguished Member
If you can fit it, go for the bigger screen - Samsung use their own better panels in 40s but 3rd party ones in 37s

What are you using the TV for and what is the viewing distance? Panasonic make the better 37s (but more £££)

sharky999

Standard Member
Mainly just watching sd tv, I don't have sky or virgin, the kids play a wii, but not that often, and I watch football/ bluray movies from my laptop via an hdmi cable but will be looking to stream it via the wifi dongle, viewing distance is a range of 8-12ft. I had a Sony 26" kdl s2010 which has served me well and at the moment I'm watching on a toshiba 32" borrowed from my parents, the difference in viewing size is remarkable and with the Samsung having a thinner bezel it will certainly make the screen look much bigger.

I had looked at the Samsung 6530 but not to fussed about the 3d, even though the reviews are not that good.

What panasonics would you recommend, I would certainly have a look at them, I won't be buying till jan so I may get one in the sale.

Thanks

S

vickster

Distinguished Member
The 37E3 or the 37E30 (then you get into the 42" plasmas, but you son;t fit one as they tend to be a bit chunkier)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom