samsung 32r41bd

anobium

I just got this set delivered from freemans:D after 3 weeks of waiting:boring: , and can honestly say I am very impressed with the set. I have it hooked up to a portable antena(£9.00) tv is in the bedroom, and it picked up 72 digital services after moving the antena a bit. ok signal is about 30% but the picture is very good, as good as my brothers sony bravia £1,450. I have it hooked up to the xbox360 and again picture is class, I agree about the component sockets not being to flush One is slightly out but works fine. Also have the tv conected to pc via vga,typing this on it and it looks great if a little bit bright but then again It is big for a computer monitor compared with old crt monitor. One question I have a dvi lead but obviously no dvi socket on the tv, can you get a converter to hdmi that would work on my graph card?. By the way has anyone else who got this tv get any leads with it apart from power leads mine didnt and it doesnt say in the manual.

edit i have just noticed 1 dead pixel bottom left of screen purple not bothered with one and because of screen size hardly notice.

V

Vallyboy

Glad you like it worth the wait I feel. :thumbsup:

No leads in the box.:thumbsdow

anobium

Do these stuck/dead pixels ever come to life? I tried the undead pixel program with no look I understand with millions of dead pixels one is nothing but when you pay £720.00 yoou expect the thing to work, anyway my thinking is if I send it back and get another I could end up with more dead pixels? anyone who has got this screen and use it for pc can you tell me if you have same problem thanks.

anobium

update: I have now noticed another stuck pixel that I can only see when I have a red backgroung it is stuck in the right hand corner I can only see it when there is a dark red and it looks smaller but a green colour. Any more and it is going back, from joy to dispair in 20 mins lol.

V

Vallyboy

With regard to DVI, I understand you can get a HDMI to DVI cable. You then have to use phono's as DVI does not carry sound.

As regard pixels, I have not looked, no doubt I have one or two perhaps, but the fact is you have to be looking for them. My logic is if you cannot see em, you ain't got em.:)

My own attitude is that if you have a set that gives a good picture and all the features work well, the odd pixel that is not usually noticeable from a normal viewing position is worth keeping.

If it is something that in day to day use, say a bunch dead centre or suchlike, and it is going to effect you send it back, but it could be your next one will be worse...sods law.:mad:

Sometimes I feel that people saying that it has no pixel faults,it is more about bragging rights than the functionality of the unit.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom