Samsung 32J63000 strange banding

Krycek

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need an opinion about a strange behaviour I'm having with a newly bought Samsung J6300; it is a strange darker little band that appears as soon as I begin to lower the backlight from 20 (the maximum), for every point I decrease the backlight this band raises a little more towards the center of the screen. No other settings interfere with it nor change its behaviour, at maximum backlight it is pratically invisible on the bottom, at maximum it stands around the center of the screen.
It is mainly visible with gray color (like the Xbox One menu) or in dark scenes.
In the attached photo I have highlighted where the band starts, it is around midscreen because the image has been taken at backlight 8.
It is normal and depends on software or should I return the TV, i still have a couple of days to change it in the store.

Attachments

• IMG-20151214-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20151214-WA0002.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
would get the panel changed.

Thanks for your opinion, I'm just afraid of getting a worst panel maybe with dead pixels :(:(

Thanks for your opinion, I'm just afraid of getting a worst panel maybe with dead pixels :(:(
not many panels have dead pixels, more have des or banding or both, lite bleed, clouding, if you can live with it then do, but if not get it changed.

However this band behaviour is really strange, as I decrease the backlight it raise against the centre of the screen. Probably I will get it changed tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom