Samsung 32" TV - QLED?

cooler08

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 32" TV. I'm thinking of buying either the Samsung 32" UE32T5300 or the Samsung 32" QE32Q50AAU QLED TV. I have some questions.

1. Is the Samsung 32" QE32Q50AAU that has QLED worth £180 more than the Samsung 32" UE32T5300. Is the picture quality of QLED much improvement?

2. I've read some reviews of the Samsung 32" QE32Q50AAU QLED TV where people have mentioned some problems with it such as the sound randomly stopping or problems with light bleed in the picture. Are these common problems with this TV or is there some explanation for this such as needing to change the picture settings?

Thanks for any advice

I have a QE32Q50A and am very happy with the picture but I came here because the sounds has started dropping out so I can't recommend it at the moment.
If anyone is aware of a fix for the sound issue please post a link.
(TV is mute after turning on (satellite tuner and apps) but menu actions still have sound. Issue temporarily resolved by power cycling TV at wall. Resetting sound & power cycling with remote doesn't fix issue no external device ever connected to this TV)

I have a QE32Q50A and am very happy with the picture but I came here because the sounds has started dropping out so I can't recommend it at the moment.
If anyone is aware of a fix for the sound issue please post a link.
(TV is mute after turning on (satellite tuner and apps) but menu actions still have sound. Issue temporarily resolved by power cycling TV at wall. Resetting sound & power cycling with remote doesn't fix issue no external device ever connected to this TV)

Is it the 2021 model that you have?

Does the sound problem seem to be a hardware or a software issue? If its software, I guess a software update will fix it eventually?

I'm not sure how to tell if it's a 2021 model, the full code is QE32Q50AAUXXU
The sound fault is definitely a software issue but I need it fixed sooner rather than later.

I've just read a review someone posted Dec 2021. They are experiencing the sound issue also and they say that Samsung said there is no issue with the software and are not aware of the fault. So if there's no fix for the problem 6 months later, it seems there won't be one soon?

I have the UE32T5300 and very rarely it will turn on without any sound but a power off and on again resolves. It's only done it twice in the year I've owned it. No light bleed though but not really fussed as it came as an offer with my soundbar..

The fault hasn't reappeared and I'm happy with the QE32Q50A otherwise so I'm just hoping it doesn't reappear.

I've heard that the QE32Q50A isn't 4K, its only 1080p despite it being advertised as a 4K TV. With that said, is the picture much noticeably better than the cheaper 32" Samsung TV's such as the UE32T5300.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom