Samsung 32" LE32R73BD Opinions PLZ!!!!!! Help Needed

G

greysquirel

I am VERY close 2 getting the Samsung LE32R73BD, I was pay a bit extra and get the:

* Panasonic 32LX600 or
* Sony KDL-32V000
* Toshiba 32WLT66

But I asked to speak to the main HD Advisor in currys and they said:

The sony was not very impressive on a XBOX 360 and that is what i will be using it for mainly. He said it cant really keep up with the games but said the picture on DVD and HD DVD/ Blu-ray will be good, and said as the SAMSUNG has a very high contrast it is excellent 4 gaming.

He also said the PANASONIC LCDs are no way near as good as their plasma range and again said she was not impressed with it on the XBOX and said samsung is better.

He recommended the SAMSUNG by far he said it was the best for XBOX 360 for a long way! and at only 699.99 now in currys this week im very tempted.

I will be mainly using it for XBOX260/PS3/DVD/Blu-Ray/PC

PLEASE tell me your advice about the decision and if you have seen any of the TVs in action please let me know wot u think.
My limit was 1000 quid but in jam sony and panasonic may go down a bit.

Thanks 4 reading!

I think all in all you may be disappointed with LCD if you currently have a CRT TV.
I got my LE32R74BDX 2 weeks ago which came recommended.
Picture quality is pretty rubbish, and I am battling with my sound quality too at the moment and received a replacement set today with the same sound issue!

So unless you have SKY HD, or will be using a XBOX 360 on it its just a nice wall mount feature that saves space on the 'old CRT'!

LCD lovers please dont flame me for this reply, I am just really disppointed and any sound tweaks for my LCD would be greatly appreciated.

I think all in all you may be disappointed with LCD if you currently have a CRT TV.
I got my LE32R74BDX 2 weeks ago which came recommended.
Picture quality is pretty rubbish, and I am battling with my sound quality too at the moment and received a replacement set today with the same sound issue!

So unless you have SKY HD, or will be using a XBOX 360 on it its just a nice wall mount feature that saves space on the 'old CRT'!

LCD lovers please dont flame me for this reply, I am just really disppointed and any sound tweaks for my LCD would be greatly appreciated.

I looked at that tv too but that one isnt a widescreen or a flat screen which may make a difference in picture, your model is about a 100quid cheaper, dont know if this makes a difference

You can get the Toshiba 32WLT66 you mentioned on Amazon for £599 + postage.

I can't comment on it's performance, but seems a good spec for the money.

I have an older Samsung LCD and think it's great, but if the tosh was available at that price when I got mine I would have gone for that.

The Samsung looks a bit false colour wise in High def, but that seems to impress the gamers. If your want more natural colour then you'll pay more money, it gets very good reviews in the price range and makes a good allrounder.
DVD connected only by S-video look great, great with the Xbox 360, and surprisingly good with older consoles, the PC works fine on it too.

A lot of people prefer the toshiba aswell, What is it like on the 360?

Isnt the samsung LE32R73BD as good as the currys advisor said?
I asked about the more expensive sony and panasonic and he still said the samsung is better all round and said the toshiba was good but not as good as the samsung!

Anyone know any 37" LCDs good 4 gaming?
What about the LG RZ-37LZ55 37 inch?

Or the toshiba 37WLT66?

I wouldn't recommend the R73, too much red in my opinion.

what would u go 4? Have u got one?

It's being collected for a refund Friday, so yes I have one.

Not one other person on this forum has mentioned the red tint... I went in to Currys and tested their one and the guy agreed, the philips 7531 (I think) was used to compare and it was soo obvious on the Samsung.
I took an age to finally find an order the Samsung as such good reviews and the price is ACE... I can only assume that the price is cheap for a reson? the Sony 32V2000 uses the same panel and is twice the price, there must be a reason.

I'd advise you go to your nearest Currys and get them to put freeview on it for you, then just look at people with brown hair or the dark shadows on their skin (needs to be a dark scene) and you'll (in my opinion) see the red... If you can't see it - GET IT! :)

I'm going to spend a bit more for something I'll be totally happy with as I'm too picky for my own good.

I'm currently looking at the Toshiba 32WLT68 but waiting on PC input resolution.

Going to John Lewis Thursday and intend to look at the:

Toshiba 32WLT66 / 32WLT68
LG 32LB1D (speakers on the side :thumbsdow )

Also just for interest I'll take a look at:
Sony 32V2000 (bit too pricey)
and hopefully one the Sharp XD1E's even thought the smallest is 37"
also maybe the panasonic 32TX600 (bit too pricey)

You wont find the perfect LCD for all your needs, the best way is to demo them with the source you think you'll use the most.
The xbox 360 tends to look good on anything so dont worry about that, I wanted a good SD TV picture for now, we feed ours from cable and it was better than the LG and Panasonic, and from our viewing distance it looked better than the CRT it replaced (Panasonic).
The only TVs I prefered, had more natural colours which were noticable running a Hi def demo, but they were £1000 each, a JVC and a Philips.
I tried my Samsung with R Factor and Live for Speed on the PC and they played with no problems, and for media player use it was fine, even at this size.

Your best bet would be to buy the Tosh. ive heard some really good comments on the tv for its price.

Had a look at this in currys (not in HD) and the colour was no way near as bright and vibrant or sharp as the samsung LE32R74BD which was next to it. I was close 2 getting the toshiba as you lot have recommended it, but the person in currys has said the samsung is better and it looked better to me in store

Whats your opinion?

Had a look at this in currys (not in HD) and the colour was no way near as bright and vibrant or sharp as the samsung LE32R74BD which was next to it. I was close 2 getting the toshiba as you lot have recommended it, but the person in currys has said the samsung is better and it looked better to me in store

Whats your opinion?

I'm stuck in the same position as you .I dont know whether to choose the sammy or the tosh
The tosh has better sound and connections but the sammy has way better looks and slightly better pciture.

Right now the Sammy is winning it for me but im gonna wait a a few weeks to see if the prices go down.

I'm also on the verge of going for the Sammy but only on the sales persons say so and having a read on here, I'll have to try it first but I have a feeling that will be the set I'm going to end up with due to the many good reviews I've read.

yeah its only the sales people who say its good as well.

What is this tv like on HD-DVD or blu-Ray?

I was in the same boat and went for the tosh due to better reviews

the sammy loooked better in store but if you check it was because of the settings!

i think currys/comet must be on commission from Samsung because they really tried to push me into getting the le32r73dbx

in the end i had enough and politly left (well also because i was gonna get it cheaper online! ;)

The tosh PQ is brilliant on freeview using custom settings much better than my tosh 32" CRT pictureframe TV!

Good luck!

Im just about to order the samsung over the toshiba mainly because of the toshibas poor pc support and how many ppl have had problems with backlight flooding and noise hiss..

So i gather from what people have said that the samsung is good for HD Gaming and PC use

But what does it look like on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray?

Please give your opinion

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom