Samsung 32" LCD v LG 32" LED

V Clark

Novice Member
Finally got through to LG customer support. This time they did not deny i was not the first to complain. I could not find a signal condition menu for the sattelite on this LG. My Samsung is off the same lnb and has a signal strength menu that in the past had only been about 20 20 despite never giving a problem. When I checked the aerial the Skew was set to four and the bubble off. It also appeared to be off the mark I painted on at installation. Squared the dish set the skew to 3 and moved it back on the paint line and the bar improved for bbc on the LG. The Samsung improved to 35 65% and the LG appears solid. No glitches. The dish and LNB (Sky Hybrid) was set up by Sky and was fine with the Q box, Freesat, and Panasonic both direct and via Humax HD. Close to the coast we suffer high winds and regularly loose our terrestrial aerial but this is the first time in four years I have had to realign the dish. I still cannot fathom why 5HD did not glitch while all bbc channels did. Freesat is normally all or nothing. The LG tuner obviously needs a better signal then others. 60 years experience tells me aerials are more art than science but this nearly beat me.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom