1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 26" WideScreen HDTV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Architect, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Architect

Architect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Everyone,

I'm obviously new to this forum. I ran across it while looking up some stuff on DVI and HDMI.

I'm a college student so my wallet is predominately empty most of the time. With that, this is a starter set up TV/DVD wise, but I'm willing to throw down some extra cash if its worth it.

As far as the TV, its the smallest HD wide screen I've found with DVI input. This is the TV:
    Samsung TV
    (This is for my bed room by the way)

And to go with it I would be purchasing this DVD player, also by Samsung and with DVI out as well:
    Samsung DVD

Well, I hope to be around this forum more often. I'm into high end audio right now as far as car audio is concerned (sound quality), and I've been wetting my feet for the past few years in home audio as well. I thought it time I take a look (no pun intended :D ) at what the video side has to offer.

Thank you very much for your time and lemme know what y'all think of these two products. Thanks! :)

2. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Architect,

You've either come to the wrong forum, or you're looking at products from the wrong country.

This is a UK forum. The Samsung you link to appears to be a US set, so if you're US based, you need to head over to www.avsforum.com. If you're based in the UK (or Europe), JVC are the only company who are doing HDTV compatible direct view CRT sets at the moment (see their HVxxP37 / P38 & new integrated Freeview sets). Otherwise your only option is to go for LCD or hi-def plasma.

3. Architect

Architect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey, I didn't know how much stuff there is between the US and the UK, so I'm sorry if I posted the wrong question in the wrong forum. Thanks for pointing that out.

4. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    That's OK. You're not the first and I'm sure you won't be the last... Just didn't want you to be sat wondering why no-one was replying.