Samsung 26" LE26R74BDX

iceman666

Novice Member
Hi, thinking of buying a new tv, mainly for use with my xbox 360 but when it comes to the best one to buy I 'm stuck. I have about £650 to spend.
I was looking at the Samsung 26" LE26R74BDX for 599.99 delivered from play.com. Is this a decent set for that price?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.#

cheers :hiya:

B

bonei1973

Massive thread on the R7 range on p2. Everything I have read says that xbox is the dogs on this one

A

acem8

I was also considering getting the Samsung but the JVC looks great and at a decent price. However I need a tv that is going to sit as flat to the wall as possible and the Samsung is only 75mm deep when wall mounted. Have you any idea how deep the JVC is and what is the VESA wall mount size? I assume the 244mm quoted on that link is with the stand included.

Northerner76

Novice Member
If the TV is mainly for use with the Xbox 360 you may want to consider this: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383100
The 27WLT56B has a native 1280by720 resolution which makes it perfect for the 360 720p output as it will be 1:1 pixel mapping without nay scaling.
I hear it is not great for SD though.

I am seriously considering getting it due to its rare 720p native resolution... something that is not found in many LCD TV's!

iceman666 said:
Hi, thinking of buying a new tv, mainly for use with my xbox 360 but when it comes to the best one to buy I 'm stuck. I have about £650 to spend.
I was looking at the Samsung 26" LE26R74BDX for 599.99 delivered from play.com. Is this a decent set for that price?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.#

cheers :hiya:

SlinkDaddy

Novice Member
The JVC is very good but its viewing angle isn't that great. You can really see it in the blacks (they become grey), i'm only talking about being around 30 to 40 deg from centre. The 26" bravia doesn't have the quality screen that goes into the 32s (which are great) and its not worth the extra money.

The sammy looks great on the 360!

82ross

Standard Member
I have this tele and xbox360 via component. I love it tbh.

Xbox great on it.
Xbox360 great on it.
PC great on it.
Freeview ok on it.

I have zero regrets in buying this tele.

pacrifice

Standard Member
82ross said:
I have this tele and xbox360 via component. I love it tbh.

Xbox great on it.
Xbox360 great on it.
PC great on it.
Freeview ok on it.

I have zero regrets in buying this tele.
Are you talking about the Samsung LE26R74BDX???? Do you happen to have it connected to an external device such as a hifi? If you have then i take it you don't have any sound sync issues?

Sharpy2k6

Standard Member
i have the samsung 26" r74 tv, and i love it, i use xbox through rgb and its amazing, xbox through standard scart, and my pc via the pc in (think its dvi). it is really good PQ, the only thing that sucks is the freeview but thats cause my aieral is crap and if i move from where i sit when using pc the picture loses signal quality on alot of channels, oddly enough, i can watch Sky new or sky sports news anywhere in the room, but to watch Channel4 i have to put it through the analogue signal.

but for £600 it is really good tv specially for the xbox 360. im running through (well not running, more like crawling) through COD2 on veteran and i lovee it!