Samsung 26" LCD with analogue broadcasts

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Shaggybert, Mar 19, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi guys

I'm new to this area of the forum, and i've got to admit, I know practically nothing about LCDs, or any displays to that matter.

So first of all, I would like to say a huge thanks to all those who have contributed to the "FAQ" section. I am now at least not quite as ignorant as a couple of days ago.

I have recently been contemplating replacing my current 28" Panasonic CRT, with one of the Samsung 26" LCD screens.

The only problen is, that during my research on the net last night, I looked up when the Freeview signal for my area (meridian) will be switched on.

2012!

Thats Two Thousand and Flippppin Twelve!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do get an absolutely excelent Analogue TV picture, and i've got to admit, the PQ from my panny is one of the best I have seen, even though it is an ex-rental that I bought about 4-5 years ago.

So what I would basically like to know, is what would the PQ quality be like from the Samsung LCD, using the analogue signal, especially compared to the CRT?

Sorry I had to waffle of for a bit, but I would really appreciate the input of anyone who has had experience of these displays.

Cheers

Phil:thumbsup:

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    From memory, the Samsung LCDs are actually really good at analogue TV. I remember being surprised about that when I had mine.

3. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Cheers Lyris

Thats good news.

It's a silly question, but would the Samsung 26R41BD have an analogue tuner as well as a digital one?

And what is the difference between that and the "BDX" version?

4. SoleFever

SoleFever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi shaggy. I have to use my freeview with my samsung as my analogue signal is really bad. However channel 5 looks pritty good so i thought i would post a pic for you. The pic doesent really do it justice but you can at least get a good idea of what it looks like.

[​IMG]

5. RichardUK39

RichardUK39
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shaggy, This tv has analogue and digital tuners. The PQ on both is excellent on mine although I got an aerial upgrade (approx £150) as I too live in an area where freeview is not supposed to be available.