1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 23" LE23R41B for Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by brain_stew, Oct 21, 2005.

1. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'm looking at buying a smallish HDTV for the Xbox 360 and this model seems to be the best value. From what I understand this is the same model that Microsoft are using in their kiosks so it should be ideal for the Xbox 360 right?

Well I've got a couple of questions, first off what's the best price you can find for this set? I've managed to track it down for £445 at www.shoponscreen.co.uk but I've never heard of these and I was wondering if they are reputable or not? Secondley, can anyone recommend any other sub £500 (the lower the better, I'm a student so price matters a lot to me) sets for the 360. 19" is big enough for my needs but anything bigger is a bonus. I'd be using the TV for the 360, Freeview and possibly as a PC monitor (picture in picture would be nice). If anyone knows of any budget sets with HDMI or DVI HDCP connections that that would be a bonus as i will probably end up with a PS3 some time in the future.

Thanks for any help, oh and if anyone was wondering I asked similar questions a few months back but I've now decided I want a larger screen and that I can stretch my budget a little further.

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    It doesn't have a HDMI output or DVI and only have a component input. It isn't HD Ready. I was going to get one, but you can get the 26" version for only a bit more outlay that has a HDMI input.

3. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I know that's what what was bugging me. The thing is I really don't have the money to stretch to £600 or so and probably not the space to fit in a 26". Then on the other hand I may end up with a TV that is all but useless in a couple of years, and that extra £100 would have been well spent. What's the best deal on the 26" you can find because I'm beyond tempted I just don't have a clue where I'm going to get the money from! Damn you Microsoft, before all this talk of HD gaming I was more than content to play on my old 14 CRT (I know). I just hate that nagging feelng that I'm not making the most of my £300 box, and then if I get this 23" Sammy it may be useless when the PS3 comes around. The lure of a a future bluray player for an extra £100 outlay is hard to resist. Sorry for the rambling, but I'm beyond confused, if anyone can find a really good deal on the 26" version then I guess I'll stretch my budget because it really is worth it.

4. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    There are plenty of credit cards out there that offer 6 months interest free> amazon.co.uk do one. it's only just over £100 per month you pay then, interest free. :D

Worth doing IMHO, rather than buying the 23" that is obsolete before it even arrives at your door! ;)

5. LEEMJONES

LEEMJONES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    give this a go

http://www.247electrical.co.uk/epag...1ea27490a020f0105ab/Product/View/SAMLE26R41BD

they do 0% interest and buy now pay nothing for six months, so if your clever or tight like me, divide the cost by 6 and each month stick it in high interest account (FD esaver or IngDirect) and youll have enough interest in 6 months to buy yourself a pint.

Dont think youll get anyone saying it not a good deal and good LCD mate on here.

6. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    Interesting, I'm currently saving like crazy for a 26" sammy which I won't be able to afford til about June or July, but if I can get it on 6 months interest free, and have it now. How much would I have to pay monthly or can you just pay the full amount off before the 6 mths is up without incurring additional charges?

7. JayList

JayList

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interest free credit give you the option of paying the full amount up the the end of the interest free date without penaltyd or credit cost.

After that it's usdually a fairly high rate compared to normal loans.

You can even get 12 monts interest free.

8. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Might be worth getting the "x" version, with integrated digital tuner, as I plan on using it as a bedroom set when I can finally afford a 50/60" 1080p set in a couple of years! :devil:

9. LEEMJONES

LEEMJONES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Wayne like I said, just put £100 a month away in your own saving account then pay it all off after 6 months with no interest charge. Just dont let it go after that or youll get hit with 30% APR or something.
    If you can save and not spend it then it will be a good buy

10. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Wayne, just to make a point crystal clear in what LEEMJONES said above - although you're not paying interest in that 6 month period, they're still accruing it on your purchase then if you don't pay the sum at the end of the 6 months, they add the amount of interest that's built up in the first 6 months then the interest that will be charged over the next 2-3 years. It can end up that your £600 purchase costs over £1,000 if you miss the date. Credit agreements can be handy for spreading purchases and I've used them a few times even when I had other means available - I'd sooner have the cash sitting in my bank for 6-12 months longer than sitting in GE Capitals etc. If you get near to the end of the interest free period and think there's the slightest chance you won't be able to pay off the balance, pay what you can and transfer the rest to a credit card. It will still be charged interest but only on what you owe at the time (not the total cost) and the rate can be as low as interest free or around 10-15% which for £200-£300 won't be too bad. Just don't miss that payment deadline.....!

Cheers,

Colin

P.S. Getting charged over £1,000 for a £600 purchase might sound a bit OTT but I found myself in that situation as a student with a top Sony monitor from PC World. It's safe to say I learnt a valuable lesson then!!!

11. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'm not going to take out credit for a TV as I don't trust myself to pay it off by the interest free date and I really can't afford to go into debt on it as it is only a TV afterall. That price for the version with the digital tuner looks to be the best i've see and if I save like hell I should be able to get it before Christams.

If anyone know of any smaller models (19" and over) around the £300 - £400 mark then I'd be interested in them because I'm not so sure my room is big enough for a 26" tele, tho I'd like one ofcourse.