• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung 226BW Monitor any good for games?

R

RockStaRR

I am considering buying the 226BW monitor but know very little about what is good or bad out there. I have read a few reviews who say it is good monitor however, I understand it is quite old now. A certain magazine makes this the top buy.

I will use it to play games like COD4 and for editing video from my Sony HD camcorder. Would this be any good for that or would you advise any other product? I understand it does not display 1080i?

I do not really want to pay more than £250 but will do if it is worthwhile.

Any feedback would be welcome...thanks

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
Had one of these puppies for about 8 months now, and its blimmin supurb. It has a native res of 1680 x 1050, so make sure if you are using it for games, that you are using a video card to be able to support that resolution.

I have a 8800Gts, paired with a non OC E6600, and I get 60fps with COD4 at 8AA and 8AF with 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Crysis at 4AA and 8AF I get 20fps, but I never get any stuttering (weirdly).

I have FRAPS running for fps.

Add to that it makes all my mates jealous with its piano black shininess at our LAN sessions....:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom