Samsung 22" LCD backlight bleed?

heyho74

Standard Member
Hi chaps, 1st post, so be gentle!

It might be me being over-fussy, but we've just bought one of these for the bedroom:

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...V/Product.html

...and probably because I've been watching it with no other lights on, there is a noticable lighter border around the outside of the screen - ie the very edges, which can really only be immediately noticed on dark scenes or with broadcasts with black bars.

It's not something I've ever noticed on the Sony in the lounge, or the Goodmans in the kitchen, but having just darkened those rooms down, it is slightly noticable, but not to the extent of the new TV.

I've had a play with the backlight settings and brightness etc, and it appears a little less prominent, but was wondering if anybody else notices this with their LCD.

I don't think I can be bothered to send it back, but if it continues to bug me I might have to!

**Mod Comment: Do not link to pics hosted on another forum**

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 293381

Hi

From what you are saying it looks like bleed. Unusual to get it all round the edge though, normally on corners or on part of the screen edge.

IMO get the TV replaced.

Alan

heyho74

Standard Member
Cheers for the reply.

@ the mods, sorry, didn't cross my mind - not a good start eh? Won't happen again.:oops:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom