Samsung 2020 TV's?

dougan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
People seem to agree that Samsung's 2020 TV's are not up to the standard of previous years, are they really that poor?
I have a Samsung UE49MU7000 in the dining room, it's a few years old, but have been very impressed with it.

I am now looking for a 55" TV for the lounge. I have the 2019 Samsung QE55Q70RA as my favoured choice. The TV still seems to be £799 at most retailers, with most only offering a twelve month warranty, I would have liked a five year warranty for piece of mind.

Which 2020 Samsung would be on par with my number one choice?

Thanks

People seem to agree that Samsung's 2020 TV's are not up to the standard of previous years, are they really that poor?

They do? I haven't seen much in the way of bad reviews. Not that I've been looking specifically, but the two Samsung 2020 models AVF have reviewed have both got 9/10 - although they are above the budget you're looking at.

Are you sure it's not just people falling into the trap of trying to compare this year's lower end model with a higher end model from last year because it's the same right price now or because it bears a similar model number?

Both factors are played about with by companies like Samsung. The most like for like comparison is to compare to the 2019 TV that cost the same amount at this time last year.

The Q70R cost ~£1,400 last July, down from £1,500 the previous month so I'd expect the Q80T/Q85T to be the nearest equivalent.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom