Samsung 2020 QLED Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)

Where did you read it does work? Because it doesn't fix the judder fault.
Samsung tech support just called, couldn’t believe what they were trying to say. This is an issue with T series but not on Qled’s. I said I don’t believe what your saying not with the amount of people on here who have this issue. I now have to send them a clip showing issue. Can’t believe they are still reading off a script.

Samsung tech support just called, couldn’t believe what they were trying to say. This is an issue with T series but not on Qled’s. I said I don’t believe what your saying not with the amount of people on here who have this issue. I now have to send them a clip showing issue. Can’t believe they are still reading off a script.
They're just call centre staff. They have no clue. But the good thing is, all these calls are logged and will get passed on to technical.

I'm in work tomorrow, so the video file I was passed on in email can get sent to my contact at Samsung. I'll also check the firmware on the GSPN website and see if its been updated to what @Rudzki said. I'm dubious, though as he hasn't responded since....

They're just call centre staff. They have no clue. But the good thing is, all these calls are logged and will get passed on to technical.

I'm in work tomorrow, so the video file I was passed on in email can get sent to my contact at Samsung. I'll also check the firmware on the GSPN website and see if its been updated to what @Rudzki said. I'm dubious, though as he hasn't responded since....
Fingers crossed one of us gets the msg across to Samsung & they can’t keep burying heads in sand. I have managed to update to 1402.6. 👍🏻

No offence, but you have posted this in the wrong thread and you have already posted in the NU8000 thread. The term is thread hijacking.

This wasn't thread hijacking -- and I know what that is -- because I was contributing to a discussion about Samsung motion issues, albeit for a different model. I was merely hoping someone had some information about what is going on with the AMP system, regardless of model.

Also, I don't know what you're referring to with regard to me posting in the NU8000 thread, aside from the fact that I merely asked there if anyone has been having motion issues. That's not the same thing as what I outlined in my detailed post about the issues I've been having -- plus, not sure if it was you who moved my post from here, but that was put in the NU thread after I posted in this one, to make it look like I posted there first and then came here and re-posted for "hijacking" purposes.

I'm just trying to get some help...

So, in treading a thin line, to hopefully keep the forum police happy, I will post my experience's with Samsung's AMP that I've had with numerous models I've owned from Samsung. With Samsung AMP it could be be said that they seem to go down a different path from most manufactures, such as Sony who, according to what I've read, seem to implement it better, however I have no personal experiences of that brand. But it can be a matter of individual personal preference to what they are set too and I have read of extremes that I could never live with. Generally though there tends to be two settings in the majority depending upon what the source is. Also note that some Samsung sets had a AMP bug where it was actually on when all the settings were set to off, but I don't think any of their current TV's suffer from this.
With most content I have found setting AMP to off works fine, however I have experienced the halo effect around moving objects and slight stutter when viewing through the built in apps, such as Netflix. There the preference can be set to custom and all settings to zero but it isn't a setting required required by all Samsung models, with every apps and our personal preferences.
Hence why the AMP settings can require some experimenting with to find your ideal personal preference and what source.
To complicate things some users are experiencing sound and picture stutter with certain SkyQ boxes, although I have not experienced this myself..

Last edited:
I sent all the new information to Samsung this morning. I had a reply from my previous message telling me they are investigating the issue.

I tested the three video clips that @Dio sent me on a Q60T, TU7100 and RU7300 and the judder wasn't there. All sets had settings close to the same with all picture clarity off. I then tested on a Q95T that we had in the workshop and the judder was there.

I think this issue is only affecting the Q80T/Q85T, Q90/95T. Has anyone seen this issue on the Q70T?

Anyway, my contact at Samsung now has these video files to test himself and see it for himself.

Oh, and I couldn't see new software on the technical site for this issue depsite what @Rudzki said.

As always, when I hear something, I'll keep you all updated.

So, in treading a thin line, to hopefully keep the forum police happy, I will post my experience's with Samsung's AMP that I've had with numerous models I've owned from Samsung. With Samsung AMP it could be be said that they seem to go down a different path from most manufactures, such as Sony who, according to what I've read, seem to implement it better, however I have no personal experiences of that brand. But it can be a matter of individual personal preference to what they are set too and I have read of extremes that I could never live with. Generally though there tends to be two settings in the majority depending upon what the source is. Also note that some Samsung sets had a AMP bug where it was actually on when all the settings were set to off, but I don't think any of their current TV's suffer from this.
With most content I have found setting AMP to off works fine, however I have experienced the halo effect around moving objects and slight stutter when viewing through the built in apps, such as Netflix. There the preference can be set to custom and all settings to zero but it isn't a setting required required by all Samsung models, with every apps and our personal preferences.
Hence why the AMP settings can require some experimenting with do find your ideal personal preference and what source.
To complicate things some users are experiencing sound and picture stutter with certain SkyQ boxes, although I have not experienced this myself..

:thumbsdow You don't have this tv, you have the 2019 R series that do not have this issue. I am sure you just like getting your post count up or something.

Not really, I like helping people and helping a genuine query is what I am doing. I will take the judgement from the actual moderators if I am doing something wrong. So feel free to go ahead and report me if you think I have breached the forum rules or just add me to your ignore list if at all possible. I can only say sorry if I have offended anyone but that is not my intention..

Not really, I like helping people and helping a genuine query is what I am doing. I will take the judgement from the actual moderators if I am doing something wrong. So feel free to go ahead and report me if you think I have breached the forum rules or just add me to your ignore list if at all possible. I can only say sorry if I have offended anyone but that is not my intention..

Well, you told another member a few pages ago that the only way to update the firmware is via menu software update. That is incorrect and you can do it via USB stick too, which is available a few weeks before it being direct on the TV.

And you also say you do not have this stutter issue, nor the 2020 Samsung TV. I haven't seen one person in this thread appreciate your "help". If I remember correctly, someone told you that you was also posting irrelevant stuff a few pages ago.

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but I am not sure why you are so concerned about this thread for 2020 T series owners suffering from this bug.

It would be like me posting in a random LG blu ray player (which I don't own) thread who are complaining about an issue "I don't have this issue on my blu ray player" and start posting random stuff.

Had another email response of Samsung saying they have tried contacting me (which they haven't).now they have resorted to asking me for the dreaded video clip !😩.does the one on here show the problem?.I carnt see it while watching on my phone ,but if it does I will send them the clip .👍

I suggest downloading one of the 'problem' clips above onto a USB stick, which gumpy321 has confirmed show the problem on more than just my set. If you can confirm that your set also sees the same thing, you can then send them that clip and say you have been unable to successfully video the problem but this clip someone provided you does work to reproduce it.

I strongly suggest not sending them anything that you haven't tried on your own set, but having worked with difficult-to-reproduce errors before I can say for sure it's a real pain to get unverified data. In the event that the problem you are seeing is different (unlikely I accept, but not out of the question!) A. that won't get your particular problem fixed and B. will muddy the waters for those of us who are seeing the same problem.

Laser guided accuracy and accurate reproduction cases in error reports gets results. Vague, confusing and contradictory information makes it at best take longer and at worst makes it too much hassle to be worth fixing.

Last edited:
I think what the issue is is that your posts sound as though we are making it up. I’m sure that’s not how you intend to come across though and we are all thankful for any help we can get on the issue. However, please be mindful of how some of the posts may come across to us when we have all tried everything so far and it’s most certainly a bug in the software. I actually think the AMP or ‘picture clarity’ as it’s now called on 2020 TVs do suffer with stutter as something regarding the AMP is staying on even though all settings are set to off. We have literally been stating that the current model of TVs all have the stuttering effect. Luckily for you the R series doesn’t seem to have this issue but for us with the T series it certainly does.

I'm no longer thinking it's at all motionplus related. Now I've looked at it enough I think all I am seeing is the TV simply dropping back from 50fps to 25fps. Originally I wondered if it might be trying to interpolate up to 100fps and double-strobing the backlight, or something, but I no longer think that fits what I'm seeing.

I can't think of a good reason why it might be doing this, mind. A de-interlace algorithm on the fritz is the best I can come up with.

I suggest downloading one of the 'problem' clips above onto a USB stick, which gumpy321 has confirmed show the problem on more than just my set. If you can confirm that your set also sees the same thing, you can then send them that clip and say you have been unable to successfully video the problem but this clip someone provided you does work to reproduce it.

I strongly suggest not sending them anything that you haven't tried on your own set, but having worked with difficult-to-reproduce errors before I can say for sure it's a real pain to get unverified data. In the event that the problem you are seeing is different (unlikely I accept, but not out of the question!) A. that won't get your particular problem fixed and B. will muddy the waters for those of us who are seeing the same problem.

Laser guided accuracy and accurate reproduction cases in error reports gets results. Vague, confusing and contradictory information makes it at best take longer and at worst makes it too much hassle to be worth fixing.
I’ve had the same msg from Samsung today that they want a clip. Where will I find those clips again?

@Dio uploaded them in this thread. Download them and playback via USB to your TV. I find the Strictly clip the worst by far out of the three. I told my contact at Samsung this too. If you're going to video it, I would suggest recording in slow mo to see the effect of the drop in frames.

I should also mention, my contacts response was, the next communication about this fault will be a technical bulletin, which would mean Samsung have acknowledged the fault and are working on a fix. If I don't hear anything within the next couple of weeks, I'll send him an email.

@Dio uploaded them in this thread. Download them and playback via USB to your TV. I find the Strictly clip the worst by far out of the three. I told my contact at Samsung this too. If you're going to video it, I would suggest recording in slow mo to see the effect of the drop in frames.

I should also mention, my contacts response was, the next communication about this fault will be a technical bulletin, which would mean Samsung have acknowledged the fault and are working on a fix. If I don't hear anything within the next couple of weeks, I'll send him an email.
Ah ok good work on your continued support with this. So the fact they’ve acknowledged fault then and said about the TB, would this meant they’ve figured out what has caused the issue so an update can be released?
Also when issues like this are found, are updates quite quick? Reason I ask is that they’ve only just recently released an update this month so would we have to wait a while for another update do you think?

I have a feeling it might take some time, but who knows? Some firmwares do release quick if only to fix one single issue. The latest version 1402.6 might change to 1402.61 if it was to fix this issue.

We are at the investigation stage yet though, so could be a couple of weeks. Maybe another division in Samsung knows about it and the UK part of things doesn't know?

Here’s Samsung’s response to my email sent over the weekend.

Attachments

• 612284F0-4141-4323-85B5-BA923BF2B388.jpeg
    612284F0-4141-4323-85B5-BA923BF2B388.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 2,011
I have played a substantial amount of US programmes this afternoon and not a judder in sight, as soon as I switch back to UK shows it’s there again.

Driving me bonkers this :facepalm:

I couldn't re-create the issue on the Q60T. I also noticed with the Q60T it uses a different firmware to that of the Q70, Q80/85 and Q90/Q95T. Are you saying that you get this issue on the Q60T?

Can you repost strictly clip as I can only find pointless & bargin Hunt. Thanks for your help on this.

Just to be clear, this issue is as mentioned in the title and corresponds only to 2020 Samsung models. Whilst all help is welcome, it may not be helpful to make general remarks on general and past Samsung motion issues, although I understand every TV has there motion problems to a degree.

If someone could help me make a list of potentially affected models, and if they could explain how this issue is different from past Samsung motion issues, I'm happy to help clear up the thread and edit the OP to add some concise information.

Supermarket sweep was a good example for the stuttering as well.not I watch it 😳🤫

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom