Samsung 2020 QLED Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)

Don’t want to piss on everyone’s chips but Samsung have had this same issue for years & it’s not been fixed. Reckon a refund is on the cards. Does anyone know a modern TV that actually works straight out of the box?
Not sure you have seen this issue it’s not just a very small bit of judder but looks the frame rate has halved. Also I have a Q60r in the bedroom which is fine but this issue on the Q90t downstairs so definitely a new issue on the 2020 T models!!!

My Sky Q is outputting 2160p. I do not seem to have any judder with Sky Sports UHD or Sky Cinema but channels such as BBC and ITV are awful.
Exactly the same for me with Sky Q even had the sky q v1 box switched out for a new v3 for me. Bargain hunt is a really good one that shows the problems.(Sky were really helpful unlike Samsung!)

Not sure you have seen this issue it’s not just a very small bit of judder but looks the frame rate has halved. Also I have a Q60r in the bedroom which is fine but this issue on the Q90t downstairs so definitely a new issue on the 2020 T models!!!
I have a Q85T less than a month shocking that this issue is so big. Our 5 yr old LED Sony Bravia never missed a beat, until it blew up. Never replaced with new Sony as read bad reviews. Should of maybe stuck to what you know.

So here we've identified a very specific problem, and we're making progress in generating the information that will be required to fix it. It's very hard to tie this to older problems that maybe haven't been adequately root-caused.

Let's not assume those 2016 reports refer to the same issue unless there is hard information available that we can use to regression test the current models (such as the slow-motion videos and/or reproducer MP4s from the earlier problems).

Certainly, a refund will be required if a fix is not forthcoming, and it's pretty disappointing that a problem of this magnitude has slipped by a QA department that hasn't got its head up its backside.

But let's try to work through for a fix first rather than assuming the worst.

Bargain Hunt and The Chase suffers with awful judder on my TV.

It is so frustrating as I also have a 4/5 year old LG TV which the Q60T replaced and it has never suffered with these issues. Majorly regretting choosing the Q60T and certainly would not have purchased if I knew the judder would be this bad.

On the previous message the agent told me Samsung have never come across the issue and now they are working on a fix...Hmm

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 19.39.29.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 19.39.29.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, man. Thanks for the tip on Bargain Hunt. That's simply diabolical. I spent half an hour watching Pointless to find some slightly bad bits, but Bargain Hunt delivered an absolute shocker in the first ten seconds and another within two minutes. Let me get those cut up!

OK, anyone who has a strong stomach can give this one a try.

Attachments

• Bargain_Hunt_Series_57_-_Leominster_3_107_115.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 141
On the previous message the agent told me Samsung have never come across the issue and now they are working on a fix...Hmm
They said same to me at beginning of call then when I mentioned forum they said exactly the same again about working on update. I think they’re just working of a script.

A firmware update has been made available to service centres this week and is soon to be pushed OTA which allegedly addresses both display flickering and judder.

A firmware update has been made available to service centres this week and is soon to be pushed OTA which allegedly addresses both display flickering and judder.

Fingers crossed this is true, please can I ask where you found out this information?

Thanks

That would be excellent news if accurate.

Strictly Come Dancing was very simply a trash fire. No need to look for problem scenes there, it was basically continuous!

That would be excellent news if accurate.

Strictly Come Dancing was very simply a trash fire. No need to look for problem scenes there, it was basically continuous!

+1

Not a judder in sight on my old LG yet on the Q60T it was nauseating to watch due to the judder.

I hope the rumour of a fix turns out to be true otherwise I’ll be looking for my money back.

Just checked what version my set was on and it was only on 1304, looking at above post reading 1402.09. Tried to update mine and got msg saying it’s up to date. Just wondering how that can be the case? Any help gratefully excepted.

Attachments

• C5EB38C5-EF83-46E9-BB85-A40CD257D7EA.jpeg
    C5EB38C5-EF83-46E9-BB85-A40CD257D7EA.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 71
  • B09588A9-D87E-4828-927B-11F03B96EEF8.jpeg
    B09588A9-D87E-4828-927B-11F03B96EEF8.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 59
Just checked what version my set was on and it was only on 1304, looking at above post reading 1402.09. Tried to update mine and got msg saying it’s up to date. Just wondering how that can be the case? Any help gratefully excepted.

1402.6 was released around a week ago but only on the Samsung website. The OTA update usually arrives a couple of weeks later.

Download the firmware update to a usb stick and install. Search your tv on the Samsung support page.

Make sure you unzip the folder before you drag it to your usb or it wont work 👍

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom