Samsung 2020 QLED Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)

It
YES! I am a massive fan of tipping point and it really shows the issue on that program. And also Richard Osman’s House of Games on BBC 2. It is so annoying!!!
It certainly is annoying. Gradually there seems to be more people stating they have the same issue so that’s only a good thing right? Surely more people that have the issue then more chance of a future fix.

Can anyone record this as evidence? We need to get more people involved and a video will help massively.

We need to post on twitter too. Or contact Samsung via Twitter. I was going to post on the USA forums, but they watch 60hz content so they would not have this issue.

Sorry but I thought you didn’t have the T model 2020 series or did I read that wrong?
Sorry I was referring back to the conversation suggesting that this is a SkyQ box issue with random issues being experienced with differing makes and models. I was trying to point out that although these sets were experiencing these similar issues some are not. Therefore it is difficult to pinpoint what exactly the issue is. Does that make sense, sorry I am probably being clumsy on how I am coming across...

Sorry I was referring back to the conversation suggesting that this is a SkyQ box issue with random issues being experienced with differing makes and models. I was trying to point out that although these sets were experiencing these similar issues some are not. Therefore it is difficult to pinpoint what exactly the issue is. Does that make sense, sorry I am probably being clumsy on how I am coming across...
This is not a skyq issue. I think everyone on here would agree. It’s just that it happens on sky q. However, it also happens on freesat box and I would bet it would also happen on freeview as well as this issue is def the tv and not the 3rd party equipment plugged into it. The TVs own native apps as I’ve said before (I player, now tv) all suffer with this issue so what we all need is a fix to occur for the 2020 models (as from what I understand, the 2019 ‘R’ models are not effected).

I had this same issue on my 6 year old Samsung for a long time. It was the 65HU8500 and the issue described here was exactly the same. A type of random micro stutter that would only occour on broadcast TV. Never happened on movies from bluray or netflix etc. I don't have the issue as much now, but it was not solved for a long time. Can't understand how this is still an issue so many years down the line.

Its become the bug bear of my life.even thinking of buying another tv !!🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺.it wont be Samsung or LG!

Why? Buy a sony and you could still have the same issue. It does appear sometimes to be random with no apparent and obvious reason.

It's all the time on mine.not random.
Same as me. It’s all the time and def not random. As someone said before, it would appear it’s interlaced content which is affected.

Cuke2u - please stop telling us that these issues are temporary or it’s a sky issue etc when you don’t even have the same model of tv we all are having issues with. We have these issues and they are annoying to the point that makes the tv unenjoyable when watching the content that it appears on so it’s very unhelpful to just say things like well it’s random etc.

If you try tv in game mode with all motion off and the rest of the tricks .it gets rid of it but you will find the colour drains out and the brightness fluctuates really bad .it which you see as lesser evil.
Ok so had a little more of a mess about with game mode as you said as I dug out my roku which had same apps that on as tv. I turned all motion processing off and basically mirrored the settings I had from Movie profile into game profile. As you say, it does seem to get rid of the issue which proves its software based.

from what I could tell with all settings mirrored e.g. brightness, colour etc.It looked pretty much identical. Couldn’t notice a brightness issue. However maybe my eyes but did feel there was a bit more colour banding visible in game mode.

what do you mean about brightness fluctuates? I did only watch briefly for a min or two.

the thing is though that although this is maybe a temporary fix, it’s most certainly not a fix and still needs to be resolved by Samsung. We can’t keep having to turn on Game Mode to watch tv correctly.

Same as me. It’s all the time and def not random. As someone said before, it would appear it’s interlaced content which is affected.

Actually, it doesn't seem to be just interlaced material as it also does it on Iplayer, which is progressive only. It seems more that it does it on 50i and 50p video, but not 25p, ie you don't see it on film-type drama.

For me it's now become academic as John Lewis have agreed for me to return it for a refund. I don't expect a so-called top of the range TV to have such an obvious bug - it looks like they've never tested it against UK TV, which is appalling. Perhaps if other people do the same, Samsung may actually acknowledge it's a fault.

Actually, it doesn't seem to be just interlaced material as it also does it on Iplayer, which is progressive only. It seems more that it does it on 50i and 50p video, but not 25p, ie you don't see it on film-type drama.

For me it's now become academic as John Lewis have agreed for me to return it for a refund. I don't expect a so-called top of the range TV to have such an obvious bug - it looks like they've never tested it against UK TV, which is appalling. Perhaps if other people do the same, Samsung may actually acknowledge it's a fault.
Oh ok so maybe there’s something more to it then if it’s not an interlacing thing.

sorry to hear that you have had to return your tv because of it. Yes it’s a very annoying bug and completely see why you would want to change it for something different. It’s such a shame that this is happening on a tv that costs the money it does and like you say it doesn’t appear proper testing was carried out before they were released. What’s strange is that it’s fairly similar to last years R series of TVs but those TVs don’t appear to carry the bug.

Why? Buy a sony and you could still have the same issue. It does appear sometimes to be random with no apparent and obvious reason.

I think this is quite a common issue with Samsung sets and put me off getting one. It doesn't happen on my two Sony televisions.

I think this is quite a common issue with Samsung sets and put me off getting one. It doesn't happen on my two Sony televisions.
What’s annoying is that my 5 year old Samsung did not have this issue and that cost a fraction of the price. I don’t understand how they can’t just put a fix in especially given that it seems to affect certain TVs. I’m still hoping and keeping fingers crossed that the more this is addressed by people on here and on Samsung forums etc that a fix will come as the game mode setting does seem to eliminate the issue which means the tv def can play the content stutter free but we need it to play it without having to switch on a mode designed for gamers.

Hope you find a good tv with no problems Davey boy. The brightness on my tv in game mode after about 6 mins would go very dark and that was at 50 brightness.(this was on netflix).if I came out of netflix the brightness would go back to normal.then if I put Netflix on it would be fine for 5 mins then go dark..it was just something I noticed.i now swap to movie mode for netflix and it's fine. Just a shame have to be in setting all the time to change back to game mode for sky q !.🥺

Hope you find a good tv with no problems Davey boy. The brightness on my tv in game mode after about 6 mins would go very dark and that was at 50 brightness.(this was on netflix).if I came out of netflix the brightness would go back to normal.then if I put Netflix on it would be fine for 5 mins then go dark..it was just something I noticed.i now swap to movie mode for netflix and it's fine. Just a shame have to be in setting all the time to change back to game mode for sky q !.🥺
I will be keeping the tv as most programs we watch tend to be American tv shows and they are unaffected.
It is the freesat programs and football on now tv that has been most affected but guess I can use game mode to watch them for time being.

I’ve heard of the game mode brightness issue. Think there are pages and pages about it on Samsung forum with everyone having the issue. I actually turned brightness down to 14 on game mode as that’s what setting I have it for Movie mode so hoping a lower brightness will mean it won’t keep dimming after 6 mins.

Yes that's probably why you haven't noticed it .👍.just keep praying it will go away !🤣tv lets might fix it for Christmas 🤞

Yes that's probably why you haven't noticed it .👍.just keep praying it will go away !🤣tv lets might fix it for Christmas 🤞
Yeah will do, and the more people that discuss the issue on forums like this and official Samsung forum will only aid in getting a fix. Fingers crossed one does come fairly soon and we can all enjoy the tv properly.

there must be hundreds of people that have bought the tv and either haven’t noticed it at all (which I find hard as it’s so noticeable) or they have just assumed it’s one of those things that can’t be helped or they’ve just returned tv. I just hope people make Samsung aware so they realise how much this is having an affect.

If you look back at various threads of Samsung's TV's on here many mention the stutter.I very,much dout it will be fixed. I watch very little that is affected by it so it doesn't bother me but it did initially.

If you look back at various threads of Samsung's TV's on here many mention the stutter.I very,much dout it will be fixed. I watch very little that is affected by it so it doesn't bother me but it did initially.
Why on earth would they keep making new TVs with the same issue??

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom