Samsung 2020 QLED Series TV Motion/Judder/Stutter/Frame Rate (Firmware Bug/Glitch)

So confused that people are complaining that the update made their TVs dimmer, yet mine was made brighter and other members in this thread too and also in the American forums. A tv testing site did a test on the latest firmware and can confirm the peak brightness has been increase.

game mode looks stunning and deep inky blacks.
What TV and what firmware are you referring to?

Hi
I am considering to buy the new Neo QLED Samsung 75 QN94A but after reading here I am not so sure. Does someone have experience with the new models from this year and are those have the same problems with juddering like 2020 models?
Thanks

Hi
I am considering to buy the new Neo QLED Samsung 75 QN94A but after reading here I am not so sure. Does someone have experience with the new models from this year and are those have the same problems with juddering like 2020 models?
Thanks
Not sure, sorry. Most people on this thread will have or will be querying the 2020 TVs. Might be best to start a new thread?

I sent all the new information to Samsung this morning. I had a reply from my previous message telling me they are investigating the issue.

I tested the three video clips that @Dio sent me on a Q60T, TU7100 and RU7300 and the judder wasn't there. All sets had settings close to the same with all picture clarity off. I then tested on a Q95T that we had in the workshop and the judder was there.

I think this issue is only affecting the Q80T/Q85T, Q90/95T. Has anyone seen this issue on the Q70T?

Anyway, my contact at Samsung now has these video files to test himself and see it for himself.

Oh, and I couldn't see new software on the technical site for this issue depsite what @Rudzki said.

As always, when I hear something, I'll keep you all updated.
It is present on the Q60T with OS version 2014.

The last update was version 2014, I checked at the weekend and this is the latest. I´m returning my set, the dealer has not disputed the problems with this unit. Looking at LG and Philips now,

Anybody heard of any updates or found any new tricks lately ?,
No unfortunately not. 2014 is still latest update although I think US are on 2016 and have been for a few months so no idea why we haven’t got the same update.

Hi guys for some reason on my set (Samsung q65t) using contrast enhancer on low with all the motion settings turned off and film mode on auto seems to fix the motion problems that have been discussed here, the key here seems to be the contrast enhancer set to low, odd I know, but seems to do the trick,give this a try and let me know if it works.

Hi guys for some reason on my set (Samsung q65t) using contrast enhancer on low with all the motion settings turned off and film mode on auto seems to fix the motion problems that have been discussed here, the key here seems to be the contrast enhancer set to low, odd I know, but seems to do the trick,give this a try and let me know if it works.
Good shout, something I’ve not heard before so will try and give a go when I can. Anyone else tried this yet?

Good shout, something I’ve not heard before so will try and give a go when I can. Anyone else tried this yet?
I have had had it on a few channels for an hour now and unfortunately it's still there for me 🤦‍♂️.hope it keeps working for who ever it does 👍

What settings are people using with their set top boxes and these TVs when in Game mode? I have a QE55Q80T, that I thought was ok with my FireTV Cube, but I've spotted problems with brightness and contrast recently.

Thanks in advance.

What settings are people using with their set top boxes and these TVs when in Game mode? I have a QE55Q80T, that I thought was ok with my FireTV Cube, but I've spotted problems with brightness and contrast recently.

Thanks in advance.
I basically turn the settings to the same as movie or filmmaker mode. I seem to get decent image that way in game mode and no one realises (apart from me) that it’s even in game mode so can’t be too bad.
Take a look at the movie or filmmaker mode settings and dial in similar settings in game mode and see what you think

@johneboy - I think somebody earlier on in this thread, mentioned that switching on Game Motion Plus in Game Mode, with both sliders set to 0, gives more accurate colours on their Samsung 2020 QLED:

I can confirm this, but for some reason my TV eventually freezes (usually after its gone into standby) when Game Motion Plus is enabled. It requires a power cycle to get it working again, so I just set this to off. Game mode, by itself, is good enough to get rid of the judder for me, and doesn't seem to degrade the picture too much. (edits: for readability)

Last edited:
That quote was me 😁.I also now turn the brightness and contrast to low in normal viewing. Find that helps with the brightness issue. But have it high for hdr content. Hope it helps .carnt wait to get a new tv !🤣🤦‍♂️

I'm sure, if you could get a pound from every Samsung 2020 QLED owner who wished they'd read this thread first before buying theirs (like me), you'd be at least a few quid up. The lesson to me, is always read the owners threads on AVForums before buying any AV equipment :)

I'm sure, if you could get a pound from every Samsung 2020 QLED owner who wished they'd read this thread first before buying theirs (like me), you'd be at least a few quid up. The lesson to me, is always read the owners threads on AVForums before buying any AV equipment :)
That’s the problem though, this thread didn’t exist until I bought the tv, looked through the forums and didn’t see any issues as such so thought I was alone. That’s why I started the thread and quickly realised that lots of people also had same issues. hopefully it’s helped others though 😀

Like I say, although not happy that tv is not up to standard regarding motion. The game mode fix does fix it for me and I can watch every program now stutter free. The only issue is I have to switch to roku etc and not use the inbuilt app etc.

Just seen a post on Q90t forum. Apparently a new firmware version maybe coming soon. Not sure of any more details though. Anyone else know anything about this?

Apparently it’s being released in Australia region but person who posted said usually it comes to EU regions shortly after.

Just seen a post on Q90t forum. Apparently a new firmware version maybe coming soon. Not sure of any more details though. Anyone else know anything about this?

Apparently it’s being released in Australia region but person who posted said usually it comes to EU regions shortly after.

It's the hope that kills you...! It seems like it's out in Australia already, are they 50hz over there? Have they been having the same stutter / judder issues as us UK folk? Be good to get some feedback from them on if this update improves motion.

Here we go again. The new firmware (2101.2) is now available on the Samsung website support page.

Good luck to all that set sail on the good ship Samsung.

I have a bit of time later today to have a crack at it, if not I'll try to have ago later in the week.

Remember, this is on the website and not over the air yet I don't think...

Here we go again. The new firmware (2101.2) is now available on the Samsung website support page.

Good luck to all that set sail on the good ship Samsung.

I have a bit of time later today to have a crack at it, if not I'll try to have ago later in the week.

Remember, this is on the website and not over the air yet I don't think...
Yep here we go the hope that this fixes some bugs. Mainly the judder and stutter we all suffer with on here. But I expect it’s just wishful thinking. I’m holding out no hope of a fix for this issue.

Does anyone know exactly what this does fix at all?

If anyone updates then please share your thoughts on it. I will probably wait until it updates OTA.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom