Samsung 2020/21 Soundbars...

cuke2u

I am looking at possibly purchasing a Samsung soundbar but would any of you kind people tell me if the HDMI passthrough on a Samsung Soundbar supports HLG HD as I'm planning on connecting my SkyQ directly to it. Or, for, those who have a SkyQ box and watch HDR, how is yours connected? Is the SkyQ box connected directly to your TV or through the soundbar as I assume, that if the SkyQ is connected to the TV, audio lag will be present from the soundbar. Also, would the SkyQ still give a picture if the soundbar is turned off like my current Sony does?
Cheers...

zubeir

I am looking at possibly purchasing a Samsung soundbar but would any of you kind people tell me if the HDMI passthrough on a Samsung Soundbar supports HLG HD as I'm planning on connecting my SkyQ directly to it. Or, for, those who have a SkyQ box and watch HDR, how is yours connected? Is the SkyQ box connected directly to your TV or through the soundbar as I assume, that if the SkyQ is connected to the TV, audio lag will be present from the soundbar. Also, would the SkyQ still give a picture if the soundbar is turned off like my current Sony does?
Cheers...
The Q800T/Q900T passes supports the following passthrough -HDR10, HLG, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision.

cuke2u

Thanks, so I can safely assume that the 2021 models, Q800A & Q900A also would?

cuke2u

I'm confused now as here Samsung HW-Q900A states "This system supports HDR10 and HDR10+; not compatible with HLG or Dolby Vision HDR formats".

cuke2u

Decided to go for it in the end and purchased a HW-Q900A, with the 50% deal...

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom