Samsung 1080p7 issue with Region Free

C

craigie

Hi i have the 1080p7 connected to a Sharp 42xD1e (HDMI to HDMI)
i have used the multi region hack
I have HDMI set on the DVD player to manual 1080p
when i swap from R1 to R2 or vice-a-versa, the HDMI resolution drops down to 480p or 720p.
I presume this is something to do with PAL and NTSC and 50Hz and 60HZ.
Is there a way i can have the system play EVERY disk at 1080p without having to manually set it on the remote?
Does the firmware update fix this issue?

Ta

C

craigie

Has anyone else experienced this issue with this or any other 1080p Multi-Region set up?

weetibix

I have the Samsung 1080p7 and have exactly the same problem
.........not a biggie but it is annoying

C

craigie

I have the Samsung 1080p7 and have exactly the same problem
.........not a biggie but it is annoying

Finally someone who can at least sympathise with my problem. Do you know if the latest firmware upgrade fixes the problem? Also, does the multi-region hack work with the latest firmware upgrade?
I am assuming of course you have tried the latest FW (I Haven’t)
Do you just change the resolution to 1080p manually with the remote when you put in a R1 DVD?
Does it revert back to 1080p once you put a R2 DVD in (after having played a R1?)
Please forgive my inexorable barrage of questions.

weetibix

Finally someone who can at least sympathise with my problem. Do you know if the latest firmware upgrade fixes the problem? Also, does the multi-region hack work with the latest firmware upgrade?
I am assuming of course you have tried the latest FW (I Haven’t)
Do you just change the resolution to 1080p manually with the remote when you put in a R1 DVD?
Does it revert back to 1080p once you put a R2 DVD in (after having played a R1?)
Please forgive my inexorable barrage of questions.

I'm using the latest firmware and it does NOT fix the problem
I do have to change the resolution to 1080P manually as seemingly every time I stick in a disk it starts playing in a lower resolution which does seem a bit crazy and just a tad annoying .
I can't say if the multiregion hack still works at the moment as most of my disks are multiregion anyway :D

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom