Samsung 1080p VS Sony Bravia 1080p

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Madeleyman, Sep 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Madeleyman

Madeleyman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy a new 40" LCD television.
    I am unable to choose between the Samsung LE40M87BDX or the new Sony Bravia KDL-40W2000U.

I believe these are the best 40" LCDs that are on sale at the moment. Is this correct and are these the best televisions to buy for picture quality and also audio as im going to hook it up to a PS3.

2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    You are wrong the 40W2000 its the old model.Avoid it,however it has excellent PQ if its cloudy.The compare is

40M87
    40V3000 which is new

Between the two I would celect the sony because its new model and the clouding issue has fixed about 85%.

3. QED

QED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest you could read this forum for weeks (like I have done) and still not come to a conclusion about either of those TV's.

My suggestion would be - toss a coin, heads it's the SONY, tails it's the SAMSUNG.

Good luck and don't get bogged down with the details or you'll end up like me - no idea what to buy :rolleyes:

4. badbob

badbob
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    Forget flat screens for audio quality. You need to get seperates, even £100 PC 2.0 speaker system will trounce flat screen sound system.

If your sources are 1080p then I would get the Samsung, as you're bypassing scaling and de-interlacing. afaik they're the same panels so superior processing of the Sony isn't used at all, if sources are 1080p.

5. Madeleyman

Madeleyman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is their really not much difference between these two televisions?????
    Is their no difference between the picture quality and audio?????

How new is the Sony Bravia KDL-40V3000. What is this television like compared to the Samsung and where is the cheapest place to buy one?????

:lease::lease::lease::lease::lease:

6. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    The new V3000 comes in a month!!It will be little better than the M87 and hopefully with no clouding so it will be better option(the only thing you must be careful is clouding,samsung has scart interference,freeview judder...)

7. EmArA

EmArA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    i am facing the same prob. choosing Bw Sony & Samsung (40" is my target).
    V3000 is out and it is full Hd unlike the V2000 & the price is reasonable, so when comapring it to Samsung models the only one i found comparable with is M87 but i cant decide which one is better? Appreciate if anybody could help :lease:
    also i am confused comparing models among each other
    I thought that w series is comapred with M87 & X series with F86 but since V3000 became Full Hd i am pretty lost which is which :confused:

8. QED

QED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much deliberation I bought a V3000 and am very happy with it. I primarily use it for SkyHD however the onboard digital tuner gives a superb picture.
    I'll create a full report when I have the time (with pics)

9. cramman

cramman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the Samsung, I was in the same situation trying to decide a few weeks ago.
    The Samsung is excellent, I couldn't be happier with it. Currently I use it for the PS3 and freeview, but I have V+ coming on Friday so I'll see what that is like.

As for freeview judder, I haven't noticed any and my signal is quite poor, I need a new aerial.

As far as I was concerned, both tele’s were getting equal results, therefore, I just went for aesthetics. Preffered the look of the Samsung thats all.

10. BimBeema

BimBeema

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've got the Samsung LE40M86 and PS3. PS3 using HDMI looks absolutley superb. Most games tend to be 720p still, but I can only imagine how much better 1080p games will be because even at 720p they are unbelievable!

Sound through standard speakers is pretty good too - depends how far away you'll be sitting. I sit 8 ft away when watching or playing and have never really had to go above 30-35 (out of 100) on the volume scale when watching tv or playing games. Playing games has generally been even lower as the sound always seems stronger with the games than it does with normal tv.

HD content through Blu-ray or V+ box also looks superb. SD via freeview is more than adequate/fine!

Hope this helps.

11. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39

wise words!!!!