1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung £2K Plasma - My verdict

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Sam Malone, May 25, 2003.

1. Sam Malone

Sam Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this plasma for almost a month now and I still have mixed feelings. If I would have found out about these forums sooner, I would have never bought it! Research, research, research!

0) I'm getting a strange high pitch noise when I have the plasma in non-vga mode. Is this normal? Samsung won't send a technician to my home until 28 days after purchase.....sigh.

1) I'm still not happy with the output of my DTV Pace box..the solarisation could be better. I watch it in "Movie" mode to get th e best picture using the RGB scart. What settings are other users using?

2) The same issues when watching DVD and playing video games on my PS2. The game seems to blur and was driving me crazy!

3) I recently purchased a VGA box and now have the DVD player and PS2 connected to it. The picture quality is much better! No more blur!! Here is some information about the box.

Multi-purpose VGA box

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?ca...66&PHPSESSID=7642ddaf85a369543783300fab480078

If I had the money I would have spent the extra £1000 for a higher end plasma.

2. DaveCheltenham

DaveCheltenham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Sam - If you are not happy with it and it is faulty, REJECT it and get your money back while you can.

Within 28 days seems a normal time you can do this so act now before you are forced to waiting after this period.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sam what model number is the plasma, as i am in two mind's whether to have a 36 inch widescreen tv or pay the extra money for a budget price plasma. I've been looking at the Samsung PS42P2STX or the LG MZ42PZ14 (both around the £2000 mark), but keep hearing bad reports about the cheaper model's. I would appreciate your opinion
    Cheers