1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsunf LE32R41B vs Toshiba 32WL56

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ViolentReaction, Jul 28, 2005.

1. ViolentReaction

ViolentReaction

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    OK, I've read through many posts debating the pros and cons of each TV abut have not been able to give a definiate answer on which to go for.. They appear to have similar spec and more or less in the same price range. Can people who have each one advise how they are getting on? The tearing on the Samsung looks to be a problem and it has no adjustable backlight. While the Tosh has no component input which could be a problem for DVD, and there some other problem I read about with the early models.

Uses are DVD, TV Sky/Cable, current Xbox/PS2 and the upcoming Xbox 360 and PS3.

We are looking at picture quality, brightness, contrast, refresh rate, adjustable backlight, connections etc....

2. tulloch2003

tulloch2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The tosh is a good set had it 3 weeks now and love it:thumbsup:

Regards Tulloch

3. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I second that.....great set for the price with a decent spec......verrry pleased with mine. :thumbsup:

4. nasht

nasht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    the tearing issue as someone said was just on the early stages of turning it on. Otherwise he was not experiencing it any longer. Any samsung owners care to clarify this???

5. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    I've not seen any tearing yet and I watched a PAL movie in 720p/60Hz via HDMI. Can't eliminate progressive scan via component just yet but hopefully that will be fine. My TV is the Samsung LE-26R41BD.

6. willmoore

willmoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Tosh may not have component connectors but you can provide it with component through the PC input. It does not have a digital tuner.

If you are thinking of wall mounting it then note that the tosh is not VESA standard so you need to be a bit more careful (and probably pay a bit more) to get a good wall mount while the Sammy is VESA 200 x 200.

I believe ... I am trying to weigh up the two myself!

Anybody done any back to back comparisons on these two for picture quality etc?

7. PirateWolf

PirateWolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm torn between the Samsung LE32R41BDX and Toshiba 32WL56 too! (I think the B/BD/BDX versions of the Samsung are notably different)

I was very tempted to order the Samsung earlier, but having spent a few hours trawling through all these postings (top forum and great advice btw :smashin: ) I am a bit concerned about the reports of `tearing` too - I really don't want to be paying ~£800 for a tv which suffers from any kind of mishaps!

I know a lot of people will proudly say "Buy a xxxxx because I have one and it's great", but it's the problems which I'm concerned about, and I just can't choose between them (Samsung slightly cheaper and sounds good but might suffer from tearing, Toshiba I haven't really read any probs about though but doesn't have the freeview (like the Sammy BDX)) :confused:

8. reklor

reklor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I own the tosh 32WL56 and its a great set. I looked at the hitachi 7200 and the sammy 32R41 side by side with the tosh and all 3 were great tvs that are excellent value. But I went for the tosh in the end cos I think it JUST outperforms the other 2 on colour...........and when you use it 90% of the time for games and dvds colour is very important. All in all you cant go wrong with either 2.......go for whichever one you find cheapest... :smashin:

9. ViolentReaction

ViolentReaction

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    The Toshiba doesnt have component inputs on the back.

Does anyone know how I could connect up a soft-modded Xbox? I have the official component leads, but is there some sort of adaptor??

Also the reponse time is important, I believe the Sammu is 12ms, and Im looking for the Tosh...

10. tulloch2003

tulloch2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15