• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsumg BD DT7800 - format HDD [SOLVED]

timcs

My mum has bought a Samsung BD DT7800 and has had a lot of different problems with, some are recording problems , some are signal problems.

My first thought was to format the HDD after I had checked that the unit was on the latet firmware. Before I formatted the HDD I ran a check and performance test which both reported no faults.

I went ahead with the formatting of the HDD drive around 1pm today, it has since been running on the performance test which appears to be still doing this now .

As this unit may yet get returned I am reluctant to just power if off. Anyone else had this happen?

Last edited:

timcs

I have ended up having to power this unit off by holding down the power button on the front. On switching it back on I have found it to come back up okay, the problems in question appear to still be there, however I plan to do a factory reset and re-tune of this unit.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom