Samsing 32" CRT nest connections

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by trenton24, Sep 21, 2007.

1. trenton24

trenton24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am fairly new to the world of HD and AV, but I am looking to get the best of of my new TV, STB and DVD players I have. Also I am not sure if this is the best place for this post.

I purchased a Samsung WS32Z40HN 32" CRT and am very happy with it. To go along with it I purchased a DigiCrystal HDT-9500 STB. I have on the way a Maya 606 upscaling DVD player. This is an Australian brand, details here; http://www.maya.com.au/hdplayer.html

What I am wondering is how I should connect both the DVD and the STB to the TV, as I only have on HDMI input on the TV. I think for the upscaling to work I need to use HDMI, hence I was thinking of using YPbPr to get a digital signal from the STB.

Am I on the right track or is there a much better way of setting my system up?

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    A quick google search on your TV reveals it has component (YpBpR) inputs, so yes, use those for the STB. Component is an analogue input though but good quality pq all the same. You will need to connect both the TV and STB to the TV separately for audio (red/white RCA phono analogue). Obviously you'll get better sound if you connect all your sources to an av receiver or amp of some description.

3. trenton24

trenton24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So If I use YPbPr for STB video, component for STB audio, should I use HMDI for the upscaling DVD player?

I see your point about the amp, but I am out of cash for the moment - someday though.

4. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    Yes but how many audio inputs does your TV have? Component is actually video only but there should be two analogue audio (RCA red/white) phono connectors for the audio side. The audio is separate and not really termed component.

5. trenton24

trenton24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, It has 3 AV in (ie the yellow red white), 2 YPbPr coupled with two more RCA audio inputs and one HDMI input