Samsara

Hi,

BARAKA is one film that I think every Blu-Ray owner should own, as it beats off every other Blu-Ray in terms of picture and sound quality, hands-down! (Yes, it even beats AVATAR!)

I definitely want to see SAMSARA, although a few people (film critics) have said it's not as good as BARAKA. Should still be great to see on a big-screen though, and that US trailer looks amazing! :)

Interesting that the MPAA have given this a PG-13, and caution parents about the film's content. This is real-life for goodness sake: the world in all its beauty and horror, not some fictional, trashy horror film! Shame on them for classifying it as such. :(

Pooch

Last edited:
30th Aug Curzon Soho London there's a 18:15 showing with a QA via skype with the Producer Mark Magidson for those intrested, c u there :)

I saw this in Southampton last night. Photography and sound were amazing. It really did capture the best and worst of the human race. I'd highly recommend seeing this or beg, borrow or steal the Blu ray once released.. I'm going to have to watch Baraka again now.

Anyone have this yet? I just read the review Samsara Blu-ray it looks stunning?

Anyone have this yet? I just read the review Samsara Blu-ray it looks stunning?

got this on pre order from amazon (samsara/ baraka 2 disc pack £20.99) eagerly waiting for this... released on january 14th.

I definitely want to see SAMSARA, although a few people (film critics) have said it's not as good as BARAKA. Should still be great to see on a big-screen though, and that US trailer looks amazing! :)

Interesting that the MPAA have given this a PG-13, and caution parents about the film's content. This is real-life for goodness sake: the world in all its beauty and horror, not some fictional, trashy horror film! Shame on them for classifying it as such. :(

Pooch

Well after having time to think about this movie (watched it twice) i think some of the critics are wrong its easily as good as Baraka just different, i like to think of it as an evolution of the previous work.

As for the classification just speaking for the UK it was a 12A here which i think is quite correct as this film is somewhat darker in some elemets than Baraka & as such i think you'd need to see it as an adult before you took your children, its not just a case of this is "real-life" this is a controlled meditation there is a time & an age for all things & this includes the opening of the mind & eyes from the innocence of childhood something each parent would have to decide for themselves as the director is taking you places you may not want a young mind to go, just yet!..

Looking forward to this, to bad the distributors seem to be too tight to strike any 70mm prints and are releasing it in 35mm. Arrow have the rights to the UK so i'am waiting for reviews hopefully its a port of the us disc.

My copy from amazon is despatched today. Price must have reduced at some point since I got charged £17 which includes Baraka.

My copy from amazon is despatched today. Price must have reduced at some point since I got charged £17 which includes Baraka.

Yes, same for me. I've just been notified of its dispatch, estimated arrival day
being Monday. I think it was £20-ish when I preordered, so it's nice that it's
dropped a few pounds since. But it's got me wondering what would have
happened if the price had gone up.

Anyway, if this review is accurate, it could set a new standard for 70mm
film transfer reference discs. I can't wait to spin it up when it arrives.

Yes, same for me. I've just been notified of its dispatch, estimated arrival day
being Monday. I think it was £20-ish when I preordered, so it's nice that it's
dropped a few pounds since. But it's got me wondering what would have
happened if the price had gone up.

Anyway, if this review is accurate, it could set a new standard for 70mm
film transfer reference discs. I can't wait to spin it up when it arrives.

If the price went up you would still have gotten the lower price at the time you ordered.

Looking forward to this. Hate having to waiting weekends for Monday delivery!

whilst enjoying watching this last night, i couldnt help but notice some sort of mild flicker in the depths of some of the scenes. weird...havent noticed it on other blu rays...

anyone else noticed something similar?

will be watching Baraka tonight!

The Vatican wasn't on screen very long, did they limit access to it I wonder? It's just that its one of the few places in it I have seen with my own eyes. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom