Sampling Rate Problems

J

John-D

Hi all

Hope you all had a nice Christmas?

Right, got a prob - sort of.

Been using my AVC-A11SR for a week and a half now, but am wondering at what rate it can sample at.

DTS & DD movies sample at 48KHz and audio CD's at 44.1KHz, but a review of the amp that I saw, said, that the maximum sample rate was up to 96KHz.

The other night, I tried the 96KHz 24Bit stereo track of Seven, on the extras disc. The DVD player (Sony 545) said it was running at 96/24, but my amp said it was running at 48KHz which is at half the rate.

My question is. Is my DVD player saying it's a 96/24 track, but then down-sampling it to 48KHz? Or, is my amp down-sampling it to 48KHz?

Any help would be welcomed.

Cheers
JD

Hi

Probably the dvd player as most downsample to 48khz for output via the digital outs (Pioneer players don´t). To hear the Se7en 24bit 96khz track just use the analogue outputs.

Cheers

The 24/96 track is marked as copy-protected, so it's downsampled to 24/48 on Pioneer players. The only way to listen to the 24/96 track on the Seven DVD is through the DVD player's DACs, not digitally :( .

It's possible that some players break the rules and would output it as 24/96. 24/96 tracks which are not copy protected, like the Chesky DVDs, can be output as 24/96.

Thanks You two, that's give my mind some peace...:D

Cheers
Have a great new year.

JD

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom