Sample footage wanted please - Various camcorders

biggy7

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi guys

im on the hunt for a new camcorder, ive read, read and read more about which one to go for, with a budget of £300 i think i have settled with the Panna GS180!!!

anyway the thing i am most wanting to see is sample footage from various models that are most popular like:

Pana GS180
Sony HC44/HC46
Canon MV960
Canon MVX460
and others...

i cant find many places with sample footage so if the owners of the above would be so kind to share some with us, i would appreciate it!

thanks

Some of the magazines do them...Digital Video©, Digital video techniques , One might be able to find 2 or 3 and burn the footage to cd and post to you.

Having said that: unless camcorder footage is taken under the same lighting conditions and resulting footage files are compressed identically for portability , it may be very diffficult to get a fair comparison from other peoples footage

With all due respect, 2 people of different competence may produce footage of quite varied PQ from same camcorder even in similar shooting conditions ( lighting etc) due to the our varying abilities to wring better PQ from the kit.

That is why your info has to come from word of mouth, magazine reviews ( admitedly not always objective) and perhaps shared experiences on forums such as this
Still ill see if any of the magazine reviews lies about ( if you are interested)
HTH:)

No worries,
However If i find any magazine covers with relevant samples ill pm you you you are still interested

This post has online samples from stills and video from Sonys HC3 ( the "baby") HDV camcorder

and another Member of the forums (Laser) has some of his footage hosted
Here

These camcorders are however not in your shortlist:)

Hi......I am also considering purchasing the the GS-180 in the next week or 2. I would appreciate any good/bad news you hear about this cam.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom