Sammy

R

RustyH

does anyone have this Plasma, Samsung PS42V4SX, if so, what are your ratings?? Thinking of getting it

thanks all
Russ

Is this the silver version of the Black PS42D4SXX? The latter is in Currys for £2499 - has contrast ratio of 3000:1 and a DVI connection as well as scarts etc. - the black one looks really good too.

I tell a lie - currys have just reduced it by another £200!

PS42D4S is an older model
the latest Samsung is the PS42V4S
£1769 online including delivery
I was thinking of getting one too.

Hicksy said:
I bought one two weeks ago, very impressed and looks really good.

Hi Hicksy, Can you tell me what the speakers look like as I can't see any images on any websites. Do you have any dimensions for them.

Thanks

Shaun

speakers are optional and i didn't need them as i run through an AV.

Sorry about that. are you purchasing one?

Hicksy said:
speakers are optional and i didn't need them as i run through an AV.

Sorry about that. are you purchasing one?

More than likely, from the reports on here it seems quite good. I thought about the panasonic PW6B but when I totalled the additional bits up it became too expensive (well for my budget).

Do you have any recommendations on where to get it from, a few websites have it for around 1780.00 which includes the stand and speakers (no one can tell me what the speakers look like though).

Should I go for this as a first plasma?

Thanks, Shaun

its my first one. well it looks good, picture too. in currys its 2,500k, but i got mine from Empiredirect. took a week. The cost was £1,769 plus delivery of 100.

it also comes with the DVI sockets which is a nice touch.

if i remember the speakers looked good in currys.

Can't go too wrong for that price.

J

Time for a stupid question.

What's the best way to connect my screen up when it arrives.

I just have scart leads at them moment from video, dvd player, skybox into a scart switcher and into the TV. Is this still perfectly acceptable or should I connect in some other way.

Is there an idiots guide on this forum which may explain things to me, or what can people recommend I read to educate myself.

Thanks, Shaun

i know what you mean! I simply rig my dvd and sky via scart and my AV through my sky and dvd. God knows the other options!!!

do you have this Sammy?

Ordered it yesterday so it should be delivered next Thursday, WooHoo.

Just want to know the best way to connect it up for picture quality as don't want her indoors saying it's not as good as the TV.

Haven't seen this in the flesh working so is the image better than a TV or is it just size?

Shaun

well my experience with plasma is all of 2 weeks!!

However, i have a new Toshiba 32 inch CRT in my bedroom. What you do get with the plasma is, apart from size, is richer colours, flicker free. Because it is a bigger picture there will always be some lack of sharpness. Put it this way, once it is hanging on the wall, she will love it. everybody who has seen mine has just thought "wow"!

Plus it means you can free up lots of space!

let me know what you think.

Does this plasma have component inputs?

Also, is it completely silver, or is the frame black?

Thanks

Limmo

Again, sorry to sound uneducated (!) but which one is the component, always get mixed up!

As for the colour, it is mainly darkish silver all over.

Just bought the Samsung wall bracket at last!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom