1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sammy up and running pics. 2 hour set up

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mistycat, Mar 10, 2005.

1. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    f

Attached Files:

2. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    very nice, screen looks beautiful and bright. what are ure initial thoughts?? whats the dvd and normal tv quality like? u prob not got time to answer avery1s questions, u will be to busy watchin tv now:)

3. g_unit

g_unit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TV looks sweet, congrats on your new set. We're all itching to know what you think of it????

Oh and me thinks your living room could do with a clean luv ;) :) ;)

4. schnipps

schnipps
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Love the set, the one thing i dont like though is the fact you have to stack your equipment to one side of it, makes it look a bit weird. What to samsung actually expect you to do with the kit put it in a cupboard on the other side of the room?

5. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very very happy with the set. Following much viewing on the weekend I will reply with details but i would highly recommend the set and unbeatable. QUALITY COMPANY AND QUALITY PRODUCT (price of product should be lower though. I would say about 1500, hay, but this is Treasure Island or rip off Britain).

6. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PS, no faults that I can see. Friends thought it was a plasma! What an insult! lol

7. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    You sound like your enjoying yourself mistycat, congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the club. :hiya:

8. croozer

croozer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lucky you mistycat i am still waiting.i have been told it will be next week.did you by any chance get the shelving unit supplied with the set?apparently some people do and some don't.

9. patduk

patduk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    QUALITY COMPANY AND QUALITY PRODUCT (price of product should be lower though. I would say about 1500, hay, but this is Treasure Island or rip off Britain).

It actually costs more (or very very similar) in the rest of Europe. So for once the above statement regarding rip off Britain is not true. More like rip off Europe. If anyone is prepared to wait 12 months to get one of these models they will probably get it for the amount you suggested anyway. I would say most DLP TVs are kind of a pointless proposition until you can get a true HD feed whether that is Blu-Ray, HD DVD or HD feed for Sky. I really really want a DLP but just cannot justify it until HD is the norm. Just my two cent's worth.

10. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me again. Taking a break from my viewing lol. As for you patduk, you have not sat in front of the Sammy, even in SD. Wow, what an experience. I can only wait in anticipation to see it with HD next year.

For info, watching Law and Order on 190 , now. This show, especially the old SD ones, are recorded darker than normal to give them the serious and gritty look they are after. Guess what, no rainbow. On my LG there was a slight rainbow. NOTHING. Very very impressed. Brightness, even on this, one of the darkest shows, is no problem.

By the way, I can easily justify this purchase! Look 100000000000% in the living room, shelves, yes they came with the unit, look fantastic, clean and minimalist, all my friends thought TV was plasma and could not believe the picture. Picture is so good it sucks you in.

Please make a list of common complaints and I will respond to them. As for the common ones we have discussed on the forum before, NONE. Order to delivery was one week.

PLEASE NOTE, ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT WAS WITH THE DELIVERY. ONE MAN, APPARENTLY THEIR USUAL PRACTICE, IN UPS VAN. UNIT VERY HEAVY AND DIFFICULT DUE TO SIZE. BE PREPARED FOR A STRUGGLE. £80 AND ONE MAN DELIVERY! Considering speed of unbeatable and quality of product, and price, willing to live with it though.

Hope this helps you. PS, with sky recomending to their suppliers going for 720p format, and i and p formats being both in fashion until 1080p in years to come, I am very happy and future proof. Meow meow Burrrrrr! Happy cat!

Price in a year's time. Who gives a ****! That is 365 days of sammy away! 365 days of viewing is worth the depreciation!

Hard day teaching, cold night, I think I will stay in and watch my own cinema! What's that, knock at the door, friends want to do the same!

11. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys i have been following the threads for a while, Must say without you words of wisdom would have been truly lost so Thank You all!!!

I have decided to go for the Sammy was wondering if u guys think it is worth getting it from John Lewis with five year warranty considering these thinghs pack up a lot!!

I knw unbeatable are £2700 including delivery and extended warranty 3 YEARS NOT 5. As oppose to John lewis £2950. My question is would u guys pay the extra for that extra piece of mind with a company that will be there in 4 years time if thinghs go wrong. As oppose to an online retailer who may not be as reliable?

12. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,966
    Yes I'd go with John Lewis to be honest, at least if anything does go wrong you're more likely to get it resolved to your satisfaction. I got my Sagem from them and what I like about them is that if you send an email to customer service you get a reply within a few hours! The 5yr warranty is well worth having, if you're going to keep it 5 yrs it's peace of mind, if not it helps when you come to sell it.

Andy.

PS Welcome!

13. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thnks for the reply Andy i guess i agree with you about peace of mind :thumbsup:

But is there an alternative like getting the Tv from unbeatable and using a reputable company that does warranties? Cos i wouldnt want to rely on a online retailer for a 5 year warranty

Would it work out a few hundred pounds cheaper u think? :confused:

14. patduk

patduk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bow to your superior intellect MistyCat. Must be hard always being right.

15. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,966
    I suspect a 5yr warranty on a tv like this will cost easily as much as the difference in price between JL and Unbeatable. JL are reputable and give good service and that's worth the price premium in my opinion. I'd go with JL and get your 5 yr warranty.

Andy.

16. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,966
    Mistycat.. can you tell me if you've noticed any banding/contouring at all on the Sammy and any picture breakups/banding on fast pans e.g. when people walk across the screen quickly. Also is there any reason this would be less prone to rainbows than e.g. the Sagem HD-D45? I presume they both use the HD2+ chip so I would have thought rainbows would be equally as much a problem on both really?

Cheers,
    Andy.

17. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John lewis sounds like a safe bet :clap: But what about Selfridges or Harvey Nichols u guys reckon they do it cheaper and if yes would John Lewis Price Match?

Anybody had sucess with John Lewis price matching? :)

18. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As to banding etc, did notice a bit when I was about two to three feet from the screen in the first few hours with it. Have noticed done today. I find the quality of the picie depends on quality of channel and show (sky). Perfect pics with aerial. Football (never watch it! Boring!) was, wow, like being there (never been to soccer match). I do not think you would regret buying it. Also, with dvd through component, have noticed nothing except perfection (using toshiba average home cinema).

19. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You get used to it lol :rolleyes:

20. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,966
    With the issues I'm having with my Sagem HD-D45 I'm wondering whether to send it back and get one of these to be honest. Can you confirm the screen doesn't suffer from any frostiness, does it have an anti reflective coating or can you see reflections in the screen easily? I'm really interested in whether you see anything weird going on when things cross the screen quickly as this seems to be an area that the HD-D45 struggles on. To be honest I thought it was a DLP thing as I've seen similar things mentioned on DLP projectors in the past. Anyway please don't just highlight what's good about it but if there's any artifacts at all please let us know!

Cheers
    Andy

21. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,966
    Any chance you can post some more pics of the stand and what the shelving is like? It seems a rather strange design but as long as there's some provision for in my case Sky+ and an X-box it's better than nothing!

Cheers,
    Andy

22. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here is a shot from a few seconds ago. As for problems, I have not noticed any that I can think of. Sorry.

Attached Files:

23. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No shaddows on the screen. Appears to have anti-reflective coating on it. I think Samsung say this actually. No shaddows that I can pick out. Best pic is dvd component, followed by sd pics through aerial, followed by sky through RGB1. Second two on list change depending on which sky channel. Sky news almost appears 3d it is that good.

24. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    now u have a £2500 TV i thing its time u invested in a new camera ;)

thanks for the pics tho, keep em coming :thumbsup:

25. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

i always thought i shud watch the news more ;)

26. hifiboom

hifiboom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol, the pic looks like if he did shoot rhe pic with his handy.....

hahhaha lololol

27. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    taken with my mobile actually old chap.

28. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

you took the pic wid your mobile, transfered it 2 ure pc and then posted it online..... u sure ure female :smashin:

29. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lesson: Guys Misty house is to be messy to be a female :lesson: loooollll

30. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: