1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sammy SP'S'5'0L7HXX - Notice extra "S"

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dan-uk, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Dan-uk

Dan-uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have just been to John Lewis and got a quote for the Sammy SP50 but got one for the SPS50 which seems to have DVi AND HDMI. I am being thick ? I thought the SP50 had just HDMi, in which case is this a new model of SP50

Regards

Confused
    Dan

2. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :hiya: Dan-uk

Surely not ? A DVI input ? :confused:

I also thought there was a DVI input at one stage, however the SP507LHX has a HDMI & PC input.

I got confused because one of the connections round the back is labelled as 'DVI IN', but this is only to do with the left & right audio inputs :rolleyes:

From what I understand is that if you connect to the TV via HDMI but select 'DVI' in the SP50L7HX's menu for this input as opposed to 'HDMI' then you need separate audio connections for the sound as it won't come down the HDMI cable, I think :confused: :rolleyes:

And pray tell where does the extra 'S' appear ? If it's on the till receipt then perhaps a printing error ???

3. Dan-uk

Dan-uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Its a printed spec sheet from JL's computer. This was done today.

Reads ....

BRAND : Samsung
    Product Type : DLP TV
    Model : SPS50L7HXX

I sure it must be a typo, just suddenly thought they might have bunged a DVi port in there as its about the only thing that this TV lacks and not a major issue anyway...

Cheers

Dan

4. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :lesson: Well you would have actually thought that these TVs would come with at least more than one HDMI or DVI input.

It's a bit like the scart socket scenario. Manufacturers know very well that these days people may have lots of peripheral kit, eg. VCR, satellite STB, digital terrestrial decoder, DVD player to name a few :D and still make TV sets with a couple of scart inputs :eek: :rolleyes:

Connecting stuff therefore ends up in some sort of 'daisy-chaining', or tuning things via an UHF channel, forcing yourself to spend more money getting one of those scart switching boxes or connecting stuff via s-vhs or other phono plug-type inputs if available :mad:

5. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    The separate DVI IN audio connections are there if you decide to connect a DVI device to the HDMI input using an appropriate DVI/HDMI adapter and as you say audio isn't carried via DVI.