Sammy picture problem - anyone help?

the set has pip not pap i think. i have this set and im extremely happy with it, would change it for nothin else!

I have POP on my RD65 and the quality when split between the two isnt up to much, It would be ok to surf channels but not for sensible viewing. Why not buy 2 displays to get around this problem. ;)

aftertaste said:
The "smears" at the edges of the screen are getting worse with time. There are visible trails stretching from top to bottom.

It's also developed some very noticable picture shudder.

Cheers, this is the sort of info i look for on these fourms. I can scratch this tv off my list. I have been looking for ANY tv for 6-8 months now and in the process i have returned about 10 tvs. Technology these days is so rubbish its untrue especially when it comes to quality control. Only tv related bit of hardware i have kept is my optoma H30 projector, everything else is a joke. The search continues lol

Its anoying that these sets cost so much and have stupid easy to spot faults. Who on earth is feild testing these sets.

so the Sammy 50 is a pile of rubbish too, just like the tosh 46...this only leaves the RD 50 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oh well, it looks like a CRT 36'' or a plasma 42'', but i expect these are crap too :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: what on Earth is going on here.

malso said:
so the Sammy 50 is a pile of rubbish too, just like the tosh 46...this only leaves the RD 50 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

oh well, it looks like a CRT 36'' or a plasma 42'', but i expect these are crap too :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: what on Earth is going on here.

Good question, what is going on. I have tried so many tvs its not funny and i am willing to spend up to 2 grand on any tv that will do the job. Funny when you consider how much i am willing to spend that i can't find a tv. Something ain't right. It all started when widescreen hit the scene, downhill from then on.

FlyingBig said:
Good question, what is going on. I have tried so many tvs its not funny and i am willing to spend up to 2 grand on any tv that will do the job. Funny when you consider how much i am willing to spend that i can't find a tv. Something ain't right. It all started when widescreen hit the scene, downhill from then on.

yes when i'm paying this vast amount of money, i dont expect to see these postings, they really put me off big time; i expect the tv to work perfectly..every day!

for 2 grand, i expect no faults whatsoever, i find this thread quite disturbing :eek:

malso said:
yes when i'm paying this vast amount of money, i dont expect to see these postings, they really put me off big time; i expect the tv to work perfectly..every day!

for 2 grand, i expect no faults whatsoever, i find this thread quite disturbing :eek:

I agree with you 100%. Its evan worst that these companies arent recalling and fixing these issues. They think its good enough if they sort it on the next gen sets if at all.

Riva said:
I know this is probably the wrong place to put this post, but can you tell me if the Samsung 50 has PAP (picture and picture, split screen) feature? Also are those samsung 50 owners out there happy with the set in general and would keep the set? I only ask as im a sagem hd-d45 owner who is stil having a few minor problems with my third (yes third) set, and am considering changing th set for the samsung. I really like the split picture feature of the sagem as my wife loves tyo play ps2 and I prefer channel hopping on sky+. Descisions , descisions......
Chris
My RD50 has Pip (picture in Picture) and Pop (picture on picture) can't say i use it much .

Well, I have had my Sammy six weeks or so and it is fine. On real problems to report. Friends think it is a plasma, until I turn the DVD on and then they say it is the best plasma they have ever seen! When I explain what it is, they want one! I take it it is like anything, no production line is perfect! I have a Lexus, costing many more £ than a 2k tv, and it is also not perfect! Sammy has less problems!

Originally Posted by aftertaste The "smears" at the edges of the screen are getting worse with time. There are visible trails stretching from top to bottom. It's also developed some very noticable picture shudder.

FlyingBig said:
Cheers, this is the sort of info i look for on these fourms. I can scratch this tv off my list. I have been looking for ANY tv for 6-8 months now and in the process i have returned about 10 tvs. Technology these days is so rubbish its untrue especially when it comes to quality control. Only tv related bit of hardware i have kept is my optoma H30 projector, everything else is a joke. The search continues lol
Aftertaste's original problem was diagnosed as a fault, i doubt there is any manufacturer of TV's that are fault free. The visible trails & smears sound like the smudges problem some sets have due to the 2 part screen delaminating when it first heats up. Samsung probably have a cure for this it might mean the screen is replaced .Maybe the newest sets do not have the problem ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom