Sammy LE40R73BD and GameCube probs

Ol!ver

I picked up my new Sammy yesterday, and other than being a bit daft sat on my chest of drawers in the bedroom, I'm happy with it. I've hit a possible problem though. I plugged the gamecube into the RGB scart socket on the set, and got nothing. There as a bit of soundtrack briefly then nothing. The cube works plugged into the AV2 socket fine though. I've had an old TOsh DVD player plugged in the RGB socket and that works fine, so the socket doesn't seem duff.

Is this just a compatibility problem with the cube (probably the actual cable, it came with the used cube, so no idea if it's actually RGB or not) or something more serious? Anyone found the same or similar?

Cheers

[email protected]

Sounds like you dont actually have an RGB SCART. Lots of third party SCART cables were sold and advertised as RGB when they actually weren't - Game for example.

The official Nintendo ones had the word Nintendo on the connector that goes into the Cube.

Ol!ver

Sounds like you dont actually have an RGB SCART. Lots of third party SCART cables were sold and advertised as RGB when they actually weren't - Game for example.

The official Nintendo ones had the word Nintendo on the connector that goes into the Cube.
But even if it's not RGB, shouldnt it at least kick out SOME picture through the socket?

[email protected]

I suppose it depends on if your AV1 socket is RGB only. I've had a poke into your sets user manual on the website and AV1 is labelled on the set as RGB and AV2 as AV.

The reason that most 3rd party SCARTS didn't output RGD is that Nintendo rewired the connector before launch and it caught a lot of companies on the hop. Theres only about 8 pins on the Nintendo RGB SCART and to be honest I dont know the PIN layout of SCART so it could be that the Nintendo RGB SCART will only output RGB as all other pins for other use are not present. I'm sure theres a lot more knowledgeable on here but its all I could think of.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom