Sammy LE32R41BDX no picture

gazzawesty

Standard Member
Reaction score
Yesterday while playing my 360 my sammy tellys screen went off. The back light is still on but the tv doesnt display anything on the screen. Not even the little box when the source is changed, ext1,component, etc.

The sound is still heard and all the functions ofthe tv seem to work except for the fact there is nothing at all on the screen.

The tv has had heavy use since i bought it 26 months ago. The weird thing is that its only in the last 2 weeks ive started using the DTV as i got rid of my sky box.

From reading round this forum im guessing Sammy aint gonna be too sympathetic(i am gonna ring em) so i just wondered if anyone in here has had the same problem.

What a start to the new year. Gutted.

Thanks for reading.

Well i spoke to Sammy and they wont fix it free, stating that i should have bought an extended warranty and i should ring a service center.

I bought Samsung as id read they were a good brand and reliable, if i thought id need an extended warranty id have bought a Bush tv.

So the service center reckons that its one of 2 things, either the mainboard of which Sammy dont make anymore or the LCD panel has died which isnt worth fixing.

So basically im fecked as even Sammy cant fix a telly they made 2 years ago due to not making the board.

So at 400 pound per year for HD goodness my telly was a bad buy and i wont ever buy Samsung again.

So now i need to save up and buy another telly and hope that the manufacturer still supports it for longer than 2 years.

I was gutted yesterday but now im really gutted.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom