1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sammy le32r41b Wall mounting/general question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by hamd01, Jun 12, 2005.

1. hamd01

hamd01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +127
    I have finally saken the plunge and bought the le32r41b from EmpireDirect. We are in the process of doing the lounge up, and are at the painting stage.

Obviously the set wont arrive for quite a while, but Id like to prepare to wall mount it when it does get here... so that we can carry on with thew painting. Also, I dont want to be chizzling the walls once the new carpet goes down.

So... the set is going above the fire place, and Im wondering what the best way of hiding the cables is? I figure the best way is to get the cables behind the actual fire surrond, which has a reccess and would be ideal. I'll need a tunnel in the wall going from the top of the fireplace surroung, up to the back of where the TV will be (7" or so). How deep should I make the channel, or how wide?

Second question, what is my cheapest option for a wall mounting bracket. When I was in Curry's I was told £160....which is laughable.... I hope.

Finally, I have a Pace freeview box and a DVD player (which doesnt have HDMI), and thats it. Whats the best way of me hooking these two up? Which cables should I buy.

Thanks for any help, me and the Mrs are new to LCD so it would be great to make the most of the set.... I will get an XBOX 360 at some point, so cant wait to see the screen at its best!

David.

2. mr ooops

mr ooops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +353
  3. hamd01

hamd01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: