Sammy LE32N73BD not responding, just blue light flashing ... Help please?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Hannay100, Sep 14, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Hannay100

Hannay100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The set wouldn't turn on this morning, just responded with the blue light flashing.

I don't know if there is a fault or if this is indicating perhaps a sleep-state or a lockup or some other regular programmed condition that is able to be stood-down, perhaps triggered by an accidental button-push or something? ... I have unplugged and then reconnected it to see if it is a simple closedown/reset issue, but that blue light is still just flashing away and there's no further response. No previous problems of this or any other nature.

Can anyone shed some light please on what I suspect is a simple lack of knowledge?

Thanks.

2. Hannay100

Hannay100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One opinion in conversation this afternoon is that this is a standby-mode, though I don't think the light actually flashes for that?

I can't find anything on what it means when it flashes, certainly there's nothing in the manual ... anybody shed some light and/or have a fix to wake it up and restore viewing/access?

3. Hannay100

Hannay100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been searching the net and techies for more info on this problem but haven't uncovered anything. I have noticed now however that the flashing is a distinct pattern ... 4 flashes, pause, 4 flashes, pause etc ... Does anyone know if this is known to indicate something, then I can maybe narrow it down? :lease:

4. Hannay100

Hannay100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess nobody has any useful thoughts? I did a search of past posts and found someone had once posted yippee they had solved their flashing blue light problem, but they didn't say how! ... Is that you? Could you expand on that please? Would be v grateful!