• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

sammy le26r51b light border

avolee

i am on my 3rd tv from dixons, the first had a screen fault, the second had over 10 dead pixels and now the 3rd one has arrived and i`m not too happy with it, it seems to me that when looking at the screen the edges seem brighter, not as black as they should be, when viewing a black background, the only way i can describe it is as though light is seeping through, i took it back to the shop, but they have just said it looks ok to them, so what now. is there a definate way to check these things out, or could it be me. any suggestions would be appreciated, oh and i bought it online but the local branch have been sorting it out since the return.

That's backlight seepage. It's pretty normal on all but the priciest LCDs, I think.

i took it back to the shop, but they have just said it looks ok to them, so what now
"To them" - tell them politely that isn't the issue and they're not the ones watching the TV. It's not OK for you. Press for a refund, if they don't cooperate tell them you don't expect this to be a feature of a television, that you find it irritating and with that in mind argue that the TV is not fit for purpose.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom