1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sammy LE26R41B / LE26M51B

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Niglew, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Niglew

Niglew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm slowly going crazy trying to work out the differences between Samsung's various models.

Had just got it straight (I think) that there is no difference in response time between LE26R41B and LE26R51B (Rome models)- the issue was only one of styling and price.

Then the M51 (Milano model) appears in a thread with someone claiming this has an increased response time. In this case the styling is very different (as is the cost, again).

The Milano is not listed on Samsung's UK site but the user manual is - there appears to be no differences in the display specs for all three models.

Has some magic been worked on the response time on the 51 models? Is the difference solely one of styling. Please could someone clear this up for once and for all.

2. smartmove

smartmove
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently Samsung UK tech support confirmed the LE26 51's have a 8ms response vs. the 12ms response of the 41'. I'm inclined to agree as the styling of the 51's makes them look identical to the standard Samsungs shipped in the US which do have 8ms response. I got so confused that I just went ahead and ordered the 26" 41 today, I think you'd be hard pushed to notice the difference (if there is one) in response between the 2 and it's not worth the 100 quid different to me. 247electrical.co.uk, £610 for the 41 inc. p&p.

3. Niglew

Niglew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the post - if (still a big if) there is a difference in response time then what other differences might there be between the technologies used in the 41 and the 51. Do these affect PQ (especially re sports viewing)?

Also is the M51 significantly different from the R41/51 in any way other than styling. I don't mind paying more as long as you're getting something for it.

Anyone looked at both/all of these close-up?