Sammy LCd and GC probs

Ol!ver

I've posted this in here cos it's getting ignored in the LCD forum.........

I picked up my new Sammy yesterday, and other than being a bit daft sat on my chest of drawers in the bedroom, I'm happy with it. I've hit a possible problem though. I plugged the gamecube into the RGB scart socket on the set, and got nothing. There as a bit of soundtrack briefly then nothing. The cube works plugged into the AV2 socket fine though. I've had an old TOsh DVD player plugged in the RGB socket and that works fine, so the socket doesn't seem duff.

Is this just a compatibility problem with the cube (probably the actual cable, it came with the used cube, so no idea if it's actually RGB or not) or something more serious? Anyone found the same or similar?

Cheers

just slackin'

I've posted this in here cos it's getting ignored in the LCD forum.........

I picked up my new Sammy yesterday, and other than being a bit daft sat on my chest of drawers in the bedroom, I'm happy with it. I've hit a possible problem though. I plugged the gamecube into the RGB scart socket on the set, and got nothing. There as a bit of soundtrack briefly then nothing. The cube works plugged into the AV2 socket fine though. I've had an old TOsh DVD player plugged in the RGB socket and that works fine, so the socket doesn't seem duff.

Is this just a compatibility problem with the cube (probably the actual cable, it came with the used cube, so no idea if it's actually RGB or not) or something more serious? Anyone found the same or similar?

Cheers
are you sure that av1 is rgb enabled?

Ol!ver

Ok, tried it again and noticed that it's activating the scart switching at least, and with the socket working fine with a spare DVD player, I'm going to assume it's the cable. Where can I get one from these days? Ebay has some but I've read there were a lot of cables being labelled as RGB that aren't.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom