Sammy from Costco - SP50L7HX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binlo

Banned
Hey Guys,

Im fairly new on this site, but have to say it is one of the best around. Keep up the good work.

I bought a Sammy SP50L7HX last year in July 2005 from Costco for £1999.99 inclusive of VAT and 3 Year Warranty. I was in Costco this weekend and they have now reduced the price down to £1500.00 inc with the 3 year.

Do you know if they would give me a refund for the price difference? Otherwise what would stop me from returning it and purchasing it again at the lower £££. The only thing is I dont have the packaging?

By the what is Costco's return policy?, how long will thet take things back and do you have to have the original packaging?

Is it the same terms and conditions in all warehouses?

Look forward to your replies. Thanks

rooo

Binlo said:
Hey Guys,

Im fairly new on this site, but have to say it is one of the best around. Keep up the good work.

I bought a Sammy SP50L7HX last year in July 2005 from Costco for £1999.99 inclusive of VAT and 3 Year Warranty. I was in Costco this weekend and they have now reduced the price down to £1500.00 inc with the 3 year.

Do you know if they would give me a refund for the price difference? Otherwise what would stop me from returning it and purchasing it again at the lower £££. The only thing is I dont have the packaging?

By the what is Costco's return policy?, how long will thet take things back and do you have to have the original packaging?

Is it the same terms and conditions in all warehouses, my nearest one will be the Watford one???

Look forward to your replies. Thanks
Their returns policy is one of the very best - you don't even need your receipt, but I'm not sure if it extends to things like this, I thought it was normally only faults.

rEVILospud

Just because you have a 3 year warranty does not mean you can take it back within 3 years for no reason and get your money back. Especially seeing as you have had it over a year now.

There would have to be a fault with the product for them to have to return it and they are perfectly legally allowed to just replace it with another.

Quite frankly, I think it's disgraceful that you even comtemplate taking it back after you've had it over a year for no reason, just because it's cheaper now (which is what you'd expect after this time).
It's attitudes like this that undermine good after sales service and warranties from decent retailers. No wonder there are so many retailers with rubbish return policies, if this is what they have to put up with.

Binlo

Banned
Its a forum, and thats the best place to ask questions and opinions of others. There is no need to rip my headoff, if obviously sounds like you have more money then commonsense!.

Why not try and see what you get, if you dont ask you will never know. By the way I have spoken to Costco customer services, and they have simply stated the following:

"We have a 100% customer satisfaction policy, if you are not happy with your purchase you are entitled for a full refund regardless of when purchased".

Go stick it ...... where the SUN doesnt shine ....REViwhatever

rEVILospud

Sorry, I didn't mean to rip your head off; perhaps I could've worded it a little better.
I did answer your question though and also gave my opinion (obviously a little too strongly though).

rEVILospud

Binlo said:
That's clever!

So, your so unhappy with your purchase which you've owned for a year that your going to buy another one - makes sense.
Makes my first post even more valid.

sibeer

Have to say it really is taking advantage of their good nature a bit if you return a year old telly because of depreciation. I agree with rEVILospud that it is no wonder most companies have such bad customer service if they get this for looking after people.

That said if anyone finds a car manufacturer with the same policy let me know, fresh set of wheels every 10,000 miles would be spot on :rotfl:

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Binlo said:
That was quite uncalled for. Don't EVER let me catch you posting with that tone again.

As a matter of morality - if enough people elect to do what you are proposing to do, ultimately it will inevitably result in Costco revising their policy. And then someone else, who has a genuine reason for return, ends up in a worse position, and all thanks to you.

Go ahead. Do what you propose. Hope you sleep well.

sibeer

No one found out if Costco are selling cars yet?

rEVILospud

Good bye :hiya:
Not a great loss!

Status
Not open for further replies.