1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sammy 56 on Dealtime soon

Discussion in 'TVs' started by malso, Apr 27, 2005.

1. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Any idea on when exactly?

3. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry i've no idea, but it's an even better version of the 50'', it has a greater screen resolution etc, it's the same technology as the new sammy HLR6768W that everyone is talking about, but with the old 50'' pedistal design which looks great anyway.

i go by the postings here and the sammy 50 is the safest buy..but is it worth spending an extra thousand for an additional 6'', i'd say wait and see because this new 56'' is supposed to be way better than the already excellent 50'' :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

the trouble is, sooner or later you have to buy something; but i keep seeing better tv's comming along :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

4. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Personally I prefer the floating design of the new range rather than the pedestal model, I haven't got room for a 50", let alone the 56" but I would be tempted by the 46" model if it comes here.

5. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i haven't got room for the 56'' either, but hay who gives a damn; i'll make the room!.........it's just a case of throwing out the furniture and redecorating..

i simply cant resist a large screen, the desire is too strong, after all; who wants a poxy 36'' screen. i'll be sitting about 10 ft away :D :D :D which is way too close, but then again 18ft away seems way too far, because then the screen only looks like a 36'' again :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

at Currys i was 7ft away and that was too close, but it seemed ok at about 10ft, but way too small at 20ft :rotfl: :rotfl:...so there you go, but i also want those big Tannoy speakers too, i dont want surround sound...i want the noise exploding in my face....so i'm getting a friend's amp on the cheap; he wants 10 quid for it, but i think i can get it for a fiver. :D

i used to have tannoy Mercury S speakers years ago, its a shame i sold them.