1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sammy 50L7 Best price??????

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DLPGirl, Mar 11, 2005.

1. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi :clap: guys has anyone managed to bargain John Lewis down to a good price for the Sammy 50?

Its £2999 in the shop does any other retialer selling it for cheaper that i can get john lewis to price match? Wht abut selfridges or Harvey nichols do they do this telvision?

I am female and apparently not suppised to be good at getting bargains due to evolutionary defualt !!!!! So all help :lease: will be appreciated MANY thanks guys!! :hiya:

2. rob13a

rob13a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi DLP GIRL, try unbeatable.co.uk They do it for £2499.
    Rob.

3. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Rob, But i would prefer to buy from John Lewis if only i can get them to price match someone which is not online retailer and doing it for cheaper
    any ideas guys?

4. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, mistycat here. Me to a woman known for hunting a bargain. Have used Unbeatable. There was no one in UK willing to match. Unbeatable were very good and are well known on this site for their service. See my posts with reference to the TV. I love it. It took less than a week from order to delivery. Delivered when promised. :hiya:

5. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

its actually £2399 on unbeatable.co.uk....... thats 600 quid in your back pocket :thumbsup:

not only are females apparently no good at getting bargains.... they also seem to be scared of buying online ;)
    been shopping online for ages and must have saved £1000s
    Think im gonna order mine from unbeatable 2morrow, in fact, im gonna order 2.... one for my sis :)

6. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Say33d, you will not regret it.

7. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Misty did u go take out any additional warranty? These new Tvs are not like the ones in the old days are parents tell us about!!!! So i am a bit concerned about wht happens after the 1 year manufaturers warranty expires. and somethingh goes wrong :eek:

Also u think with a five year warranty from somebody else one would end up at the same price as wht John Lewis charge :oops: ?

8. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    i think my bank balance will tho :eek:

what u doing posting on the forum at this time of night misty.... shoudnt u be watching TV or summat ;)

9. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £600 pounds sounds like a good spend on some shoes :thumbsup:
    But wht if it packs up after one year?

10. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

then u call samsung to fix it for u, argue a bit and try and get it repaired for free (does work) if not can u really see the bill going anywhere near 600 quid???

he (or she) who dares wins :thumbsup: ...... sorry, been watching only fools and horse ;)

11. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But not many people in the Uk knw how to fix these new DLP TVs. IT often works out cheaper for companies to simply replace it with a new one provided u have warranty. At any rate u will have to pay for delivery to samsung :suicide:

Whereas if u have warranty and argue ur way properly you will very much likely get it replaced by a brand new one!!!

Imagine after 3 years it packs up and You get it replaced by a brand new one : :smashin:

12. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

i can see ure point too, really i can. i suppose its just wht suits each individual really.

to be honest if it packed in after 3/4years it would just be the ideal excuse to upgrade to whatever the latest technology is :thumbsup:

13. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    here here 33d I agree. I had my first Samsung set 10 years ago in Australia. Known there and US as good quality. Had a sound prob once. Have had several of their sets. Never a real problem at all. If I get three or four years, it will be time to upgrade to an 1080p. They are expected to be perfected about 2009. When, according to the BBC, this will become the best quality format for HD. When one thinks of the money people drink through and spend in clubs etc., then bring it up, or flush it down the loo, A few 2500 spread over five years is 500 a year, over four years is 625 or so. I have friends who spend this over a few months of getting ******. I enjoy going out, but include this in my total entertainment, thus a bit less on going out or booze, and hay presto, Sammy hits town!!!!

14. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    isnt logic a beautiful thing :)

you should be a teacher misty ;)

15. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tks D. Worse, should be a lawyer and business teacher lolololol

16. patduk

patduk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Misty,

I am confused. This is an AV forum and you keep telling everyone your lawyer !!!!! I very rarely go into my local bakers and tell them I am a doctor!!!! What does that have to do with anything apart from massaging your enormous ego pray tell.

17. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

misty said she SHOULD be a lawyer, not that she is one. y u so bothered anyway ?

18. DLPhopefull

DLPhopefull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unbeatable £2399 + £281 5 year cover including accidental damage and bulb cover (Warranty Ex) + 79 delivery = £2759

Thats your best deal DLPGirl :thumbsup:

19. patduk

patduk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Listen up Say33D . Mistycat has previously stated that she is a lawyer in another thread. So either keep up or do not comment.
    Is that simple enough for you!!!!

As for do I have a problem well yes I do.

1. What exactly has dropping your profession into AV threads got to do with the price of bacon. If you are a reseller or are some form of AV engineer I guess that is fair enough. Otherwise why bother? Apart from trying to impress us bumpkins. :mad:

2. Did I ask for your opinion?

:nono:

20. say33d

say33d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32

i listened up...... ignored and had a laugh :D

seems someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning

i suppose different things get on different peoples nerves.

....and i know u were not asking for my opinion, i was giving it :lesson:

21. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to have come into a bit of bother here! People did get up on the wrong side of their beds! I didn't I am watching sammy!

To end speculation, yes I do have a law degree and teach such subjects. The only reason this came up was when I was debating the legal situation as per the introduction of HD across Europe and the setting of standards in the past and future, and the application of mutual recognition standards legislation. Something I have looked into. I was asked where I got my info from and I said.

I also have renovated houses and work for charity but I don't see what that has got to do with the price of fish here! The fact is we were discussing the intro of HD and the legal situation (and the situation in relation to the Sagem 50) and I just gave my opinion stating what my opinion is based on (when asked).

If you have a complex about this then that is your prob. If I was chatting with someone on such issues I would ask them what they base their opinion on! Wouldn't you, or would you just listen to rumour! As I can hear you turning the page of the Sun 'newspaper' maybe there is no need for an answer!

Angry cat.

22. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having a sarcastic laugh at myself only Mr Duck. Have not you got a dry sense of humour old chap, or do you just quack! :devil:

23. patduk

patduk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well for your info MustyCat having a law degree does not make you Lawyer last time I looked!

I understood it took a few more qualifications than that.
    :confused:

PS

Your TV must be fantastic seeing as spend so much time on the forums.

24. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, Patduk. Tks for telling me what I am and what I have. End of conversation here. Go bog off and have a go at someone else.

25. patduk

patduk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats up Musty ? Take a chill out pill and buy yourself a spell checking program while your at it because your written English is very poor.

26. DLPhopefull

DLPhopefull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Oh sorry I must be on the wrong thread I thought this was

"Sammy 50L7 Best price??????" :mad:

Edit: Unbeatable £2399 + £281 5 year cover including accidental damage and bulb cover (Warranty Ex) + 79 delivery = £2759

Thats your best deal DLPGirl

27. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very true. I still recommend Unbeatable for 2399. Hope you do beat this in the end. Good luck. :D

28. patduk

patduk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies DLPhopefull,

After many hours scouring internet it is safe to say you have very limited options when it comes to purchasing this set in UK.

Your options are as follows.

1. Pay about £3,000 for hight street retailer such as Currys.

This is expensive and you will not get any form of
    extended warranty.

2. Buy from John Lewis. Again this is around the £3,000
    mark. This does however offer a 5 Year warranty (This will
    not cover the cost of a replacement bulb which is the most
    likely thing to perish )

3. Buy from Unbeatable. They are currently selling this
    model for £2,399. Bear in mind there are extra cost such
    as delivery and no extended warranty.

4. I have heard of people picking up display models from
    Selfridges for as little as £2,000 but I would say this is less
    of an option as they seem to be phasing out this model.

5. Keep you eyes peeled on Ebay. I have seen a few of these
    sets over last couple of weeks. One went for around
    £2,200. You could of course look at importing from US.
    This model has a slightly diff name over there but they
    refer to as the Kirk. Remember you will have to pay duty
    but there are still savings to be made. A global 3rd Party
    Warranty can also be obtained ( I think, I got for a Cam I
    bought lat year so should be poss)

6. Wait a while. I reckon this set will be replaced shortly by
    current crop of US Samsung DLPs. This will of course reduce
    current stock.

29. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with most of what Patduk has said. From the position of owning one of the sets, you would not regret the purchase. If you are like me, I exhaust myself looking for the best deal, and the best set, but in the end it comes down to the fact of whether or not I really want one NOW. I did, due to all things change, and maybe I would not have the money next year due to some other reason. My research said I will be future proof for 5-10 years, and will accept Sky HD (have Sky+) now. It looks great and modern in my house. Finally, I like the look of this model. Therefore I spent weeks here seeking opinions etc. and where to purchase from. I decided on Unbeatable, and it was delivered six days later. Now been watching for 48 hrs, and have no complaints and am happy with the purchase. Friends thought it was a latest generation plasma and asked where they could get one, especially the stand. They could not believe the pic as they thought only plasma could produce such a picture.

I am very grateful to people on this site for teaching me all I needed to know, and to help debate researched the legalities and delays in HD and put them on the site for people. As people spent their time advising me I spent my time contacting the BBC HD research team etc., and Australia, etc. to update the HD situation. Hopefully this added to the debate on HD (something I saw in NYC many years ago now, when the first picies were being displayed to the public). I have waited since for it to become the standard since and are grateful the guys here pointed me in the right direction to buy one.

Mr Duck, online due to the fact I told guys on site I would continue to report on how picture is going when I got home at lunchtime. All I can report, is no problem to date.

30. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much do selfridges do this for instore?

Why are they selling the display model is this set being phased out? :suicide: