1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sammy 50 and pioneer 50

Discussion in 'TVs' started by croozer, Mar 19, 2005.

1. croozer

croozer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have got the sammy50 on order from unbeatable, alas i had to go into sevenoaks hi fi in maidstone to buy an amp.on the wall they had the new pioneer 5o inch plasma ,it's the best plasma picture that i have seen yet,take a look if you can.

2. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Yes indeed - the new Pioneer 505XDE is a beauty and I'm now torn as to what to do...

I was going to get the Tosh originally, but due to some of the issues I've sort of steared away from it. Have looked at the Sagem HD-45 but jeezus it was like Rainbow-City with the picture I observed on it - so thats a no no.

Sammy 50 is now the only possible of keeping me in the DLP camp now - I've warmed a bit to the styling. Local Comet has one at the moment, so thinking of having a look-see in the morning.

If it doesn't do the job - then its gonna be the Pioneer - but I still have the dread and fear of screen burn-in with plasmas. :rolleyes:

T.

3. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Alas, it looks likes its Plasma for me.

After keeping my hopes up so much for DLP I find that I see those f-ing rainbows on all the sets!

My local comet has gone DLP mad - they've currently got the LG, Sagem (50 and 45), Tosh 46 and Sammy 50LX on display.

I spent a good hour in there today watching various demo's and got the rainbow effect on all of them.

Was really knocked out by the Sammy's pq though with an analogue off-air feed - showing the boxing - it was well good - but still in the background - rainbows!

Until either the new "spiral" colour wheel, or three chip systems eliminate these (or until SED or LCOS sets become available), I've got no option but to opt for plasma for now.

However, if you're going to get a Plassy you might as well get the best on offer!

So its the Pioneer PDP-505XDE on my shopping list!

T.

4. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Cast out into the plasma wilderness.... :(

5. St_ve

St_ve
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TonyA a lot of DLP owners would love to see a rainbow at least once .
    It's a bit like those 3D picture books that were all the rage a few years back.Some people could see them straight away, it was months before i saw them.
    Good luck with you new Plasma.:nono: :nono: :nono:
    We might let back in sometime if you're good :)