1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sammy 32" Problem. Please Help! :)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Chris White, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    guys i'm sorry i know there are loads of posts about this tv but ive had 2 days and im not happy with it.

tv signal is poor where i live but the tv doesnt play analogue very well.

ive plugged pc in to the tv and everything fine, but with my xbox ive got a real problem.

the home screen on the xbox and every game i have severe ghosting of images and this is with both RGb and S-Video connections. I dont understand why ive got such a ***** picture. its put me off playing the xbox. even when i change the as[pect to normal screen (not Wide).

it plays dvds ok through the xbox though and i cant understand it???

can anybody help?

thanks so much and respect.

Chris,. :lease: :lease:

2. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive just put the england game on tv and the footballers are ghosting???? is this all just an outdtaed april firmware? or is that the tv is bust?

thanks

3. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Ive just got the 40" model this week and im very happy with it, ive got the footie on and the picture is excellent, no ghosting, and thats from SKY with a £5 scart lead and my Xbox is fine

My firmware is dated may 19th so will be calling samsung first thing monday to get the kit to sort that.

4. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you reckon that the tv is fulty?

5. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I really couldnt say im afraid ,im new to this technology and maybe my standards of what im happy with maybe lower than yours, its very hard to tell with these things, if you think its faulty suggest you speak to samsung? :)

6. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not sure whats going on now. all games that i played until now have been a really poor image. just played tiger woods 05 through same connection (s-VHS) and it played and looked good, except there was about half an inch of black on the left hand side of the screen and i cant see how you adjust to the sides only top and bottom.

anyone know what the heck is going on??? its driving me crazy?#

thanks

7. ainat

ainat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same screen as yours Chris, and so far I'm very very happy with the PQ. I have pretty poor reception around my area as well, but using a good indoor antenna and the picture is more than acceptable. But most of the time I use Sky anyway, which looks ok, not great but acceptable. What I use it most for is to play games and as a PC monitor. In these cases I think the quality is top notch. Except when I tried to connect, for example my dvd player or PS2 via RGB Scart, S-VHS the picture quality is appalling..... I don't know if it's just me, but there's no way I could stand playing games on them! So I know what you mean. But when everything is put through component with progressive scan etc.... It's all great! Which is fine with me since I don't really put anything through scart or s-vhs anymore. So my suggestion is that get an official hidef pack for your xbox, then soft mod it and see how things look! So far people in this forum are quite happy with the result! If that still doesn't impress you then I think may be it's either the screen or you that has the problem! :) Good luck!

8. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mate. im going to have to invest a load of money doing this then!

thank you.

9. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not happy, do you know where i can get that lead? does it have to be official one?

10. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

i bought a booster from argos and it makes the picture worse! do you know what antenna you got as im taking the booster back?

thanks

p.s im thinking of taking the tv back and swopping it as other users of this forum with the same telly have no problems with rgb or svideo for the xbox! :oops: