Samgsung le46a556p1fxxu screen and Bravia fix

Camuk81

Standard Member
Hello all,

My first post as tv has gone pop in 2008 we bought a Samsung le46a556p1fxxu tv, one year after purchase we were plagued by the switching on and off problem, £50 later and it was fixed. Then gradually over time we suffered the tv flickering as described below

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1425222-samsung-le46a556p1fxxu-screen-problems.html

Today pop flicking on and off! Marvellous at this time of year, phoned currys who said they will some to phone, used the fit for purpose agreement and gratefully it is their service guys who have the tv last time.

Back to the point popped off and got the parts to fix it (45 mile trip!) however with the tv due for repair by husband wanted to know if the repair suggested by tv repair man has been tried on Samsung tv. A temporary repair will suffice to limp it through to March but a tv is better than no tv with a bored 8 year trying to nab my telly!

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Camuk81

Standard Member
Quick update tv back back on capacitors replaced, gentle press around the edge of the tv frame unable to see the pieces as mentioned by tv repairman post, however found one loose connection found, banding less of an issue. Tv is what as I would describe as cold having been off for nearly 36 hours and banding pops up occasionally. Resolved by quick tap on the screen which before it took 10 minutes to resolve. Ergo no new tv for Christmas but husband has been talked into 3d tv after Christmas. Win all round.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom