1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same Size, Same Manufacturer but Which Model?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by firlandsfarm, Feb 1, 2004.

1. firlandsfarm

firlandsfarm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let's assume I have decided on a 36" CRT and that I like the picture provided by the Philips sets (but it could be Tosh. or another). What's the difference between the different models with same screen sizes from the same manufacturer?

I expect I will want to upgrade to seperates in about a year so do not want to spend a lot of money on good internal tuner/amplifier components for them to become redundant when I introduce the seperates. Will the more expensive set be worth the extra in required components for a seperates set-up or will the extra money be wasted in a years time?

David Caple

2. Contar

Contar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The usual diffrences are Standard set, Set with a digital tuner, set with dolby digital & extra speakers. I am sure there are many other diffrences if you look. Go to the manufacturers websites or a supplier and look at them.

2nd If you are gonna upgrade then get the best screen without the bells and whistles. You will be adding them next year. :smashin: