1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same quality as PK3

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rogerw, Sep 27, 2002.

1. rogerw

rogerw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a lot of argy bargy a Pan PK3 i had trouble with and couldn't get a tube for after owning for only 6 months, House of Fraser gave me a replacement last night Philips 32"6506.
    After a lot of tweaking i got a fair picture but had a lot of grain and had to put on NR which made it a bit better. Not very happy and Eastenders was awful, also found widescreen dvds when they come up on screen i still have bars at top and bottom of screen, which on the panny widescreen movies filled the screen.
    Solution!
    Taking tv back this morning and getting my money back, please help with an eqivalent tv as the Pany was far superior.
    Thanks

2. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In terms of the black bars, you sure the Panny was set to 16:9 mode when watching dvds and not set to stretch the image to fill the screen? If the philips is in 16:9 mode this will be why some DVDs have black bars on the screen.

In terms of finding a different TV how much do you want to spend?

3. rogerw

rogerw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for coming back
    i paid £750-00 for the pk3, i was thinking of a pl1 or toshiba 23b, no reviews of the tosh as yet?
    Do not want to spend much more i'll have the mrs on my back (i can only dream)
    What about sony kvls35?
    Thanks